TS centralised website (turbosliders.com) - Features Request

Discussions related to the website

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dede
Community User Level: 5

Post by dede » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:00 pm

Oki, I started working to the admin/mod section. I will try to complete it in these months, and then I'll fix all those bugs I already found (and remake some pages as well, not very well done). Things became veeery slow, because of this long stop I had.. but they will get better. September! Ohh I wish :D

dede

Post by dede » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:39 am

Administration: Links, Privileges, The Game => DONE!
Administration: Ranking, Tournaments, Downloads, Awards => TODO!
+some more bug/thing..

dede

Post by dede » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:40 pm

Administration: Links, Privileges, The Game, Cups, Tournaments, Players, Downloads => DONE!
Administration: Ranking, Awards => TODO!
+some more bug/thing..

My god, today i started working to a page to merge two players in the ranking in one (e.g. double nicks), I lost 7 hours (yes 7!) on it. Quite a complex script! So happy now that it's finished :D
I'm starting thinking about waiting implementing the Awards section (I would implement it after the TS.com will be released), but i'm not that sure yet.
So, apparently there's not much missing anymore. No "hard pages" anymore, I guess! So maybe September could be a good release date, who knows. But there are so many things I don't like anymore and that I want to change :D:D

dede

Post by dede » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:41 pm

zOmFg! In 1 week I completed everything! Having no internet connection (holidays) and then no TS helped a lot, and now the website can be defined "ready". I really think a beta version can be published on August/September: I just need to talk a bit to Ande/JGG.

We're finally done! Now I'm so happy :D:D:D

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:03 pm

weew weeeeew weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

Great to hear it! :D

xzeal
Community User Level: 3

Post by xzeal » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:54 pm

dede wrote:zOmFg! In 1 week I completed everything! Having no internet connection (holidays) and then no TS helped a lot, and now the website can be defined "ready". I really think a beta version can be published on August/September: I just need to talk a bit to Ande/JGG.

We're finally done! Now I'm so happy :D:D:D
I think an apology is in order, I never thought you'd get it done :)

dede

Post by dede » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:25 pm

I also realized that I was just crazy starting this project. I calculated I should sell about 800 licenses myself to get back the money I normally ask for a website like that. But yeah, I'm happy that this is finally done. Now it's time for some chatting with JGG/Ande to finish last things. I'll be back at first days of August (I'm still on holiday, GPRS connection - not even flat ). If no problems come, we could see TS.com published on September.

olio
Community User Level: 2

Post by olio » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:15 pm

Great! Good job man :)

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:21 pm

Well Done Dede.

I too dedicate a lot of precious time on my site, doing some tracks and other stuff...

but after all its a hobby... and we all have fun together!

Dede you did a great Job!

(by the way i have reserved a place for you in next toca champinship)

dede

Post by dede » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:26 pm

Jeffrey wrote:(by the way i have reserved a place for you in next toca champinship)
(by the way thanks :D)

Newton
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Post by Newton » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:59 pm

Congratulations on my behalf dede. Hopefully the new site will finally give this game at least some of the attention and popularity that it deserves.

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:26 am

One thing i would love to see on this site is a driver's section. Drivers may register on the site, and their profile will be added to the driver's page. One may add info about them self like; name, age, location, favorite car, favorite track / track style, team, accomplishments ect....

This would be especially nice for non-players to see. They come to the site, read info on a cup and see that Mouse has won. He then may click Mouse's name and he is brought to the profile page. Perhaps he will see this and think "wow i want this!"

I think it will add lots of life to the page. This can also be strung together with the ranking section (Dede you still plan on doing this?).

Anyway, i love the idea of going to the site, searching a player's name and looking at his bio... so cool! :)

Looking forward to this site! :!:

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:19 pm

Mouse wrote:One thing i would love to see on this site is a driver's section. Drivers may register on the site, and their profile will be added to the driver's page. One may add info about them self like; name, age, location, favorite car, favorite track / track style, team, accomplishments ect....

Something like this:

http://www.turboslidersmalta.com/Intern ... tional.htm

dede

Post by dede » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:57 pm

Mouse wrote:One thing i would love to see on this site is a driver's section. Drivers may register on the site, and their profile will be added to the driver's page. One may add info about them self like; name, age, location, favorite car, favorite track / track style, team, accomplishments ect....

This would be especially nice for non-players to see. They come to the site, read info on a cup and see that Mouse has won. He then may click Mouse's name and he is brought to the profile page. Perhaps he will see this and think "wow i want this!"
Yeah, this is already implemented. After registering for an account, you can forward a request to assing a real player account to your forum account (forum accounts will remain these we have in this forum - and forum will be the same as well). After associating your account to your TS player (nickname & hash), you will have a profile page where you can add these info's:
1) select your main nickname (it is possible to group your multiple nicks under a player account, so you will figure only once to the ranking, and select your main/actual nickname)
2) insert when you started playing TS (date)
3) list your favourite cars
4) select what you like playing (normal racing, rough racing, punaball, battle, xbumpz, record hunting)

It is possible to show your profiles (player / forum) by selecting e.g. your nickname in the ranking (even if it's not associated to any forum account), or wherever it appears.

Currently, in the profile page you can see:
1) account info (contacts, info requested also by this forum)
2) player info (those mentioned before)
3) awards and nominations won
4) ranking based on (to be selected) tracks with default cars

After releasing the website, I will implement some more feature to the profile page (possibility to show every cup/tournament/content posted by the selected user, possibility to show cups results, and so on..).

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:13 pm

Can you release some sort of a beta or something :)? It is the time of year again where I get motivated and I'd like to do some reviews for tracks and tournaments, but... I don't really want to put up a website which will be gone in 2 months again...

Well anyway, how about some sort of a date for the release, we are all very excited as you can tell.

dede

Post by dede » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:59 pm

xzeal wrote:Can you release some sort of a beta or something :)? It is the time of year again where I get motivated and I'd like to do some reviews for tracks and tournaments, but... I don't really want to put up a website which will be gone in 2 months again...

Well anyway, how about some sort of a date for the release, we are all very excited as you can tell.
I'm sorry but I didn't add a "Reviews" section to the website. You can comment tracks&tournaments only, at the moment. When the website will be up, we can start working to new sections, etc.

Anyway, the website is ready and a very beta version is already up (to show the work to JGG/Ande). The "release date" isn't much up to me anymore, since last things have to be optimized with Ande and JGG (purchasing licenses, privacy policy, advertising, etc).
When everything will be optimized, the website can be set up in 1 week ca.

dede

Post by dede » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:10 pm

dede wrote:If no problems come, we could see TS.com published on September.
Dom di dom... I'm still ready, but no progresses with JGG/Ande. So I think we've to delay the release date to.. ehrm.. well, I don't know: it's not up to me anymore.

dby

Post by dby » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:37 pm

Man I'm so curious... please Ande/JGG, hurry up :)

dede

Post by dede » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:04 pm

We're coming.. :)

dede

Post by dede » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:50 pm

I'd like to point out that turbosliders.com will be a cohoperation work between Ande, JGG and me. I built the website, I'll administrate it, but since it will be hosted by JGG, they requested to add ads to the website to cover hosting costs. So, clicking on those ads will help JGG with hosting costs, not giving money to me (so do that, when you're interested, even if you hate me :)).

mikko

Post by mikko » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:13 pm

I was so pleased to read the news, including the post by Creator in another topic. This could bring a whole new life for this great game. Congratulations and thanks for your efforts, Dede.

dede

Post by dede » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:09 pm

Let's start with something to put in to-do list (lol, and we didn't even release the website). As many pointed out, that layout & those graphics can be used for any type of website. Maybe building a TS related theme would be better. But this will come later, after ts.com will be working :)
I gotta program a search tool, to search through contents. To do list, quite high priority (higher than new ts theme).
More will come later..

dede

Post by dede » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:18 pm

Here we go. We're up :P
FAQs in the to-do list :)

Tijny

Post by Tijny » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Some ideas/suggestions:

* Include a memberlist on the site, since right now it can be quite tedious to search for someone's user profile. :)
* Make a rating system for downloads etc, to see what people actually think about them. Maybe also a download counter, but I'm not sure if that can be done.

Jeffrey

Download Section

Post by Jeffrey » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:49 am

I suggest some changes in the download section.

Maybe have a fixed image size, not too big to save storage space and speed of download.

Also the information, goes below the image, cause i've seen alredy that if the image is too big, information and download link will be crammed or even hidden.

I love standardization.