It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:20 am

[Tool] Track Name Generator

Maybe you're a programmer and you've made some cool tool for TS. Share it here with all the other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Keppana

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

[Tool] Track Name Generator

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 6:53 pm

I wrote just for fun a program which generate a track name if you run out of ideas. It has a light letter frequency filter and a consonant-vowel ratio chance so the names ain't just mindless combination of common and rare letters, output may still be anything.

Get it from here (1.2MB)

Last edited by Keppana on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: Track name generator

PostThu Apr 20, 2017 7:12 pm

Hah, cool shit. I wish I had this when naming my F1 tracks.

Mike Nike

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 am

What the hell :D
I had the same idea 1-2 days ago, when thinking about my and power79s track generator tools.
I was thinking about how it could create names instead of an algorithm creating some kinda hash name or combination of letter-arrays, such as these 3: "De" "cep" "tion". And if there could be some sort:
if last letter = vowel, then next letter is >90% no vowel and the other side around. And some combinations which work good, such as if last letter was a "c", next letter can be more often an "h", or after an "l" there could follow an "y" often, if it is the last char.

Anyways, i tested your tool and i loved the funny names! :D ...average each +-5th name made me laugh in the beginning. And wtf, 4th name was "Eva". How are the chances?

Tijny

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Cool idea, but there are plenty of already existing web tools that can do a better job at not producing as much gibberish. This is one that I used to use frequently a long time ago (kind of surprised it's still up and running), but there are probably more modern ones as well. Still, your tool is not bad in that you only need one lucky draw to get a nice track name. :D

Mike Nike

PostFri Apr 21, 2017 2:51 pm

oO, i clicked at fun names / idiots. First name that got in my head was "Tr*mp" and 2nd name in the list was Thump. Solid generator, it seems..

Return to Tools