Official News regarding Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Turbo Sliders v2.6.0 released!

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 8:14 am

That's right, the new version is out! It has numerous changes and enhancements we wanted for a long time.

List of key features:
- Added the possibility to disable refueling in a fuel race
- Added possibility to have extra penalty for completely worn out tyres
- Added new fuel parameter NoFuelAcceleration, acceleration is multiplied by that when out of fuel.
(This allows us to define precisely how the car will behave after fuel reaches 0%; we can now make it even to stop totally.)
- Added new car parameter fuelweightviscositycompensation
(This one allows us to have fuel effect more "realistic" - when enabled, fuel won't affect car's top speed anymore, but only the acceleration.)
- Added support for private matches
(The game will now be able to recognize players by their unique IDs. This allows us to define precisely which player can join the server and which can't. It will be very useful for automated competitions.)
- Added a new car property - downforce
(You won't believe how much natural car's handling with this is, especially for fast F1 cars. It affects grip and braking.)
- New parameter damagedownforcefactor to tune downforce based on damage.
(When a car is damaged, its downforce will become weaker. It will feel like the car lost its front or rear wing etc.)
- Added /mutespectators [<0|1>] which can be used to mute all spectators.
(Yes, now we can mute those bastards separately!)
- Spectators are automatically advanced to game from the stats views.
(Ah, this is a great change! The game won't wait for spectators to download and load a track anymore. And spectators will be able to watch racing without having to press any key during the process.)
- When enough data, stats view (3 x tab) shows fuel and tyre lap estimates.
(Yes, the game will now predict and show you how many laps you can drive with a certain percentage of Fuel/TyreWear.)
- Added command /colorsfixed [1|0] to be able to make colors unchangeable.
(We can now forbid color changing for all those bastards who want to confuse other players by changing the color each race.)
- Cars have new properties related to smoke and braking
(So many great parameters about this. They all define how a car will behave once a player "brake too hard" and produce the smoke.)
- Made data transfer faster in lobby.
(You got it right - when you're in lobby, files will be transfered by huge speeds to you now.)
- More...
(You can see the full changelog here).

- If you notice any problem with Alt+TAB function, change your video setting from the game menu (use SDL and disable VSync).

Feel free to report any problem.

Azev

Community User Level: 1

Re: Turbo Sliders v2.6.0 released!

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 12:33 pm

Not Found

The requested URL "/downloads/TurboSliders-2.6.0.rc8.exe" was not found on this server.

Whiplash

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 12:39 pm

Sorry. I guess you tried it just at the moment when I was changing link. It's fixed now. :wink:

Azev

PostMon Aug 01, 2016 3:10 pm

Hehe, thx! Guess I was too fast... :)

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

Community User Level: 3

PostTue Aug 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Hmm this seems nice! Hey by the way.. it almost makes me want to play again! How's life on TS these days? I hope the old glory days with F1 tournaments and Full Contact aren't over yet.. :P

Whiplash

PostTue Aug 02, 2016 6:08 pm

Etmil wrote:Hmm this seems nice! Hey by the way.. it almost makes me want to play again! How's life on TS these days? I hope the old glory days with F1 tournaments and Full Contact aren't over yet.. :P

Hey, welcome back! We're actually hoping for even bigger and better F1 and FC competitions in the near future. There is a new Formula 1 server opened for you to test the new concept of F1 racing. It would be nice to see some new tracks from you too. ;)

zxcvbnnm

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Hey, in Speedway Turbo Sliders mod we have problems with Automatic prediction and want to use some older version. It is possible to download version v2.6.0 rc5?

Whiplash

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 2:40 pm

zxcvbnnm wrote:Hey, in Speedway Turbo Sliders mod we have problems with Automatic prediction and want to use some older version. It is possible to download version v2.6.0 rc5?

What's exactly your problem? If you use some beta version, then you'll probably get in more serious (graphics) problems. So, I don't recommend you that.

zxcvbnnm

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 3:29 pm

With auto-prediction on/off peoples all time of the rice have info in right-bottom of screen like in screen but with info Server diff: 0 and it not disapear http://imgur.com/juNun0O

Whiplash

PostSat Sep 17, 2016 5:36 pm

zxcvbnnm wrote:With auto-prediction on/off peoples all time of the rice have info in right-bottom of screen like in screen but with info Server diff: 0 and it not disapear http://imgur.com/juNun0O

Ah, yeah, I noticed that already too (disturbing, yeah). But, now you actually have no big reason to disable automatic prediction. Automatic prediction is improved in this version and it works much better; it's dynamic now and it actually does the same thing as you would do manually. You can simply keep it enabled, but lower it down to +40ms or +20ms (in case your connection is stable). It will then track your ping and automatically keep the serv diff to defined number.

I'll still record this as a problem and report it to developer at some point in the future.

Bullet

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 10:43 am

It is possible to change behavior of "Q" letter? Some peoples have nicknames with this letter in Speedway Turbo Sliders but now it work like ESC.

Whiplash

PostThu Sep 22, 2016 11:30 am

Bullet wrote:It is possible to change behavior of "Q" letter? Some peoples have nicknames with this letter in Speedway Turbo Sliders but now it work like ESC.

Oh, damn! We didn't notice this bug while testing the beta version. :( I guess there is no way to deal with this easily. I'll contact developer and see if he'll accept to fix these 2 reported bugs for you guys.

EDIT:
OK, developer is contacted and he promised to fix these bugs in next few days. I'll make you know when it's done. :wink:

Whiplash

PostSun Sep 25, 2016 7:45 pm

@zxcvbnnm, @Bullet
OK, guys, both of the reported bugs are fixed as promised. You can simply download the game again; link is already updated.

25.09.2016 v2.6.0 rc9
- Key Q not mapped to Esc anymore - thus possible to have Q in names again.
- Fixed always showing prediction change suggestion when automatic prediction
adjustment is disabled.

Bullet

PostMon Sep 26, 2016 10:18 am

Thanks for fast fixes :)

Return to News