Turbo Sliders 1.00 information

Official News regarding Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Flexman
Community User Level: 2

Re: New version

Post by Flexman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:04 am

Froz wrote:Playtrix.net will happily host few sliders1.0 servers too ;)
Fine!
there are over 200 tracks in 0.86b... playtrix server admins have no chance of testing them all for shortcuts, bad design, over 60secs first lap etc etc... we need players feedback of those tracks, what to remove etc....
Sounds fine, but it doesn't help much since you don't react on any feedback... :-(
playtrix.net forum has a slider channel where all hopes and wishes of how to "tune" ptx's slider servers are very welcome....
Didn't help either, because IP Adresses of wrong-way-drivers were posted there but as there wasn't any reaction this also didn't help much. :-( Also the forum is a little bit tricky to use if you don't understand Finnish, but as I like the language Somehow I didn't mind. ;-)

Concerning the wrong way drivers, mike made a Tool which unfortunately didn't work when you tried it first. But 2 days later he realeased a working version. The only thing to do is to double click it from withing the Turbosliders directory which also didn't happen now resulting in lots of noobs who make the Playtrix server unplayable because there are too many wrong way drivers. :-(
about how the playtrix slider servers are maintained... well... not very well :P
server lies in a deed dungeon, with no easy access... and we are talking about Windows server
I understand that it is not easy to administrate this Server but you really have to improve your reaction times untill something happens. Then playtrix will be perfect!

...hoping that you turn on the kick-tool as soon as possible so that wrong way drivers can be kicked...

Froz

Post by Froz » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:23 am

as a _good_excuse_ to my reaction times, concernig our sliders server, i might say that my "react time" really went low after i heard version 1.0 would come out soon.... :D :D
all the problems i had with the server went to ..."well, this is solved in version 1.0 , so why bother fixing it now" :twisted: :roll:

we always have a goal to make our servers as good as we can, with no need of our own interraction... servers should run just on their own, without everyday need of admin configuring them etc....

i tried the MikeNikes tool, serveradmintool... it worked a bit weird so i removed it. New versio came out but i've been busy :cry: :oops:
..and my _good_excuse_ works on this too :lol: 8)

Flexman

Post by Flexman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:09 pm

Froz wrote:i tried the MikeNikes tool, serveradmintool... it worked a bit weird so i removed it. New versio came out but i've been busy :cry: :oops:
..and my _good_excuse_ works on this too :lol: 8)
Hmm... well we could discuss about that. ;-P If you only would double-click it from within the Turbosliders directory that should take a minute and everyone would be happy now until the 1.0 comes out!

Sliderman

AdminTool

Post by Sliderman » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:32 pm

Froz, please help us all... give it a try.
Playtrix - Slider is a chaos nowdays... :(

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:03 pm

Playtrix.net will happily host few sliders1.0 servers too
Nice to hear :-)
So, in the other topic you surely meant as Demo-Cup a server with the 1.00 demo, i guess.
there are over 200 tracks in 0.86b...
:-) faaaar over
And btw: who of you could export ALL his records to a server, so far?
Could anyone upload all his records to PTX Server, so far? I wasn't able to, by myself and also DSL won't help me there, unfortunately.
playtrix server admins have no chance of testing them all for shortcuts, bad design, over 60secs first lap etc etc... we need players feedback of those tracks, what to remove etc....
Actually i was one of those feedback guys...but it hasn't helped.
I should have known your "excuse"-statement a bit earlier...
Like Flexman said...the reaction was missing from any PTX member, we/i contact.
i tried the MikeNikes tool, serveradmintool... it worked a bit weird so i removed it. New versio came out but i've been busy
..and my _good_excuse_ works on this too
Like Flexman i have to motivate you :-)
If you want so, I do send you instead of the link, just the -exe file itself by emailing you each time a new safe release is coming out.
And watch me: although the version 1.00 is coming nearer and nearer, i keep on developing my tool. I'm not sure, if i will keep it on, if there aren't existing any 0.86 servers anymore, but i think it would be the case, so there will still exist 0.86 servers, if the 1.00 doesn't support 0.86 (i do not know so far if it does or not, because the car's have new design and maybe a new driving style, when i look at the EasySlider wallpaper).

Please, Froz :-)
It would be a pleasure to many "from backwarddrivers nerved" players, like me, Flexman, Newton, Evilphil... ;-)
It's about the fun we have, to be able to kick/ban those unfair drivers, because they shouldn't have the permission to drive backwards to ruin other players races.
And if it would be only 1 day, the tool is running on it with full functionality :-)...
get my email, quit server, deinstall server, start TSServerAdminTool.exe, install and start server, (add(/delete) some admins) :D[/quote]

xzeal
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

A couple of questions

Post by xzeal » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:08 pm

Since TS1.00 got a face lift will the game itself require a bit better computer to run? Is it basically the same as 0.86 (creating cars and tracks eg. most files viewable in txt format), or has the game been changed beyond recognition?

PS: www.tstournaments.tk will resume activity with the release of 1.00

Ande
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: A couple of questions

Post by Ande » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:37 pm

xzeal wrote:Since TS1.00 got a face lift will the game itself require a bit better computer to run? Is it basically the same as 0.86 (creating cars and tracks eg. most files viewable in txt format), or has the game been changed beyond recognition?
The game should not require a better computer. New cars use lightly more alpha-blending but there is a new option to disable it completely. So it should in fact be possible to play 1.00 with even a slower computer if disabling all extra features.

Backward compatibility has been maintained in data files but there are some new extensions.

Flexman

Post by Flexman » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:14 am

Ande wrote:The game should not require a better computer. New cars use lightly more alpha-blending but there is a new option to disable it completely. So it should in fact be possible to play 1.00 with even a slower computer if disabling all extra features.
That's fine! Although the game needs a very fast computer for it's graphics anyway. A friend of mine has a Gericom 700Mhz-Computer (Pentium II I think) and isn't able to play the game. As I was able to play it on my 333Mhz K6-2 (except big tracks) I think that it might be because of his graphic chip which seems to have a worse performance then mine.

Concerning the server, do you plan to realease a server-only version so that a dedicated server could be installed on slower computers too? That would be fine.

Maybe someone would be able to make a server version for a fli4l-router. :-) (www.fli4l.de)

Ande
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by Ande » Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:05 am

Flexman wrote: Concerning the server, do you plan to realease a server-only version so that a dedicated server could be installed on slower computers too? That would be fine.

Maybe someone would be able to make a server version for a fli4l-router. :-) (www.fli4l.de)
There will be autoserver possibility (as with the 0.86 version), so it will be possible to run a server without graphics. It should also be possible to make a Linux server in the future. I don't know about the router, though.

gstedt

Post by gstedt » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:24 pm

Hmm.. are the some release date for Turbo Sliders v.1.0 ?

Planning on writing an rewiev in www.verklighetsflykt.tk (swedish) must have the whole game to write :)

nipa

Post by nipa » Thu Nov 18, 2004 7:13 am

gstedt wrote:Hmm.. are the some release date for Turbo Sliders v.1.0 ?
I would also like to know this :)

Mike Nike

Releasedate

Post by Mike Nike » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:58 pm

Ande would know more...but a releasedate might be not before the most important bugs are fixed from version 0.98b. So, it might take still some days or actually some weeks...

Ande
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: Releasedate

Post by Ande » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:04 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Ande would know more...but a releasedate might be not before the most important bugs are fixed from version 0.98b. So, it might take still some days or actually some weeks...
Actually, I think that the most annoying bugs should now be fixed so the code is quite finished. The actual release date still depends on many things, but as far as I know, "in November" should still be valid :).