We're giving out 3 FREE copies of Turbo Sliders!

Official News regarding Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

swos

Post by swos » Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:27 am

I wont win it!
but I'm in for sure.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:30 am

I'm in too! :D

Grunf

Post by Grunf » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:37 am

ermmmm... I did login... oh well, I'm in!

Wenom

Post by Wenom » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:36 am

yeah I would also like to win this game :D

Azaazaa

Post by Azaazaa » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:41 am

I'm in as well! :)

Shokki

Post by Shokki » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:53 pm

It sure would be great to get this free :)

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Post by Mike Nike » Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:08 pm

A tip is to gather some friends and use Ventrilo or any other voice program so you can talk to eachother, really fun when someone takes the lead or bumps into something ^^
I never tried Ventrilo so far, but i can imagine very well, it would give special fun :-).

3 version for free, this is a good thing :-)
And lately a good promotion ;-)
I hope, that especially these will win it, which want this game, but wouldn't buy this game.

And...don't count me in here, because i will get the version either from Antti M. :)
Or, if you count me in, and i win by random, do give the 4th person the gift. :wink:

infydave

Post by infydave » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:37 pm

Win Win Win, I am in. \o/

Shorteh

woha :>

Post by Shorteh » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:16 am

wish me luck, etc.

Shortie

Post by Shortie » Mon Nov 08, 2004 2:17 am

bah, forgot to log in :p

I'm in!
HI!

Scientists

Post by Scientists » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:49 am

We are in...

Newton
Community User Level: 1
Community User Level: 1

Drawing

Post by Newton » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:06 am

I mean now I/we am/are in....

Verdict

Yes!

Post by Verdict » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:11 pm

woot! \o/

...race to win...

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:06 pm

... i like them all!

SuperSpeed
Slicks'n'Slide
GeneRally ... and finally...

TURBO SLIDERS!!!

...good luck!

mAgmA

mAgmA

Post by mAgmA » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:13 pm

... i like them all!

SuperSpeed
Slicks'n'Slide
GeneRally ... and finally...

TURBO SLIDERS!!!

...good luck!

mAgmA

PS. sorry for the double posting

Francesco

Post by Francesco » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:39 pm

Damn this time i have to be lucky!!!!! Turboslider kicks ass !!!
:þ

MGS44

Post by MGS44 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:37 am

Free? Why not.

Craxx

Post by Craxx » Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:56 pm

Boink!
Bad girl, go to my room!

Kolzig

Post by Kolzig » Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:06 pm

I'm in, Turbo Sliders is The racing game!

Teamspeak+Turbo Sliders=heaven

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:32 am

some wait for HL2,
some wait for TS 1.0:)

!gameplay is everything!

i'm in

Braineac

Post by Braineac » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:35 am

oeps,
forgot to login

8) Now i'm in 8)

klanton

super funny game!

Post by klanton » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:00 am

also play the funny game clusterball!
www.clusterball.com

i want to play turbo sliders 1.0.

Froz

Post by Froz » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:08 am

i'm in too.... 8)

playtrix could use this free copy of sliders1.0 as a 'Playtrix.net Sliders Cup 2004' - trophy perhaps :wink:
(demo version1.0 cup perhaps ?)

-f-

Mike Nike

'Playtrix.net Sliders Cup 2004'

Post by Mike Nike » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:38 pm

Good idea :)
The price of the full version would be a very good promotion for taking part at such a Cup :-)
Btw: a demo-version cup won't be a good name, beacuse the demo is free and won't give an extra reason for taking part - or do you mean, that the Cup would be based on the demo version 1.00 with 3 tracks...(+ old tracks maybe)?

Maybe this should be a new topic, concerning the idea of making a Cup with the price of a full version.

@Creator:
I want to take part here :D
Although i will get the full version for free by Antti...
but if i win a free version, then i do spend it for a PTX Sliders (Christmas) Cup 2004 :-)
So, there are now 2 guys, which would spend an eventual full version to a _good_ old TS player, which will have maybe more fun witht his game than a new player, who isn't playing TS for so long and maybe would play it only for a month (although it's not easy to imagine this for me ;-)).

In addition to this: what about the following idea:
When there would exist 2 servers (european and american)....
Then, each 3 months or less, like you want....you watch out the statistics of the servers...
From the record files, which are hopefully visible somewhere in the internet as html-page (and that would be a very good reason to join the official servers, if they would exist)...you can figure out the best player(s).
The best/fastest player(s) would then be the winner and get a free full version or something else...
The fastest driver would be detected by the records he drives at the server, so...exporting local records to the server should be disabled. After the 3 months or less, the records would be deleted, for starting the next season.
At least, this would mean a continous work/support each 3 months for the organizer and deleting the serverrecords won't actually be so nice for an official server, when there would exist "only" 2.

My idea is at least, the kind of competition server i planned so long, but: with a price for the winner. If a vote or something wants that the winner won't be the one, with the best records, made at the server, then a tool or something should be created for making special statistics, a bit equal to the TSRanking Tool (or at least my kind of LogFile-Interpreter) - which shows the races/cups of each player and compares 1 player with another to figure out, who was the "best driver", if it's possible to say...
Maybe you can take this as point to promote TurboSliders a bit more.
And by the way^^, if the price would be a full version, then these 2 servers or the server, where such a competition is running, won't be a 1.00 server with all new tracks. So, there would be only old tracks from version 0.86 or it would consists (only - don't know much about the compatibility so far) the 3 tracks from the 1.00 demo version, where players do race maybe 10 laps or more, because a cup would consist only 3 tracks (and maybe also old tracks).

Creator
Community User Level: 2
Community User Level: 2

Re: 'Playtrix.net Sliders Cup 2004'

Post by Creator » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:24 pm

Mike Nike wrote: @Creator:
I want to take part here :D
Although i will get the full version for free by Antti...
but if i win a free version, then i do spend it for a PTX Sliders (Christmas) Cup 2004 :-)
You're in. :)
So, there are now 2 guys, which would spend an eventual full version to a _good_ old TS player, which will have maybe more fun witht his game than a new player, who isn't playing TS for so long and maybe would play it only for a month (although it's not easy to imagine this for me ;-)).
I can certainly respect that, though it's also fun to introduce TS to new players who might become enthusiastic veteran players one day! :)
In addition to this: what about the following idea:
When there would exist 2 servers (european and american)....
Then, each 3 months or less, like you want....you watch out the statistics of the servers...
From the record files, which are hopefully visible somewhere in the internet as html-page (and that would be a very good reason to join the official servers, if they would exist)...you can figure out the best player(s).
The best/fastest player(s) would then be the winner and get a free full version or something else...
Yeah, in addition to full versions, we will have t-shirts, hats, and other fun stuff to give away too so please let us know if you're organizing a cup so that we can become a sponsor and donate something to be given out as prizes. I would also like to see a cup for the registered players only, and I could see Jollygood donating some cool prizes for that too. ;)