Official News regarding Turbo Sliders.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Creator
Community User Level: 2

New Community Manager

Post by Creator » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:29 am

Hi everyone,

In the light of the recent problems with the forum I'm very happy to announce we have hired a new Online Community Manager. Let me introduce mr. Matt Miller, aka Hatu!

Hatu was an active player and community member for Earth and Beyond, one of the games I was working on at Westwood, and he is experienced in maintaining bulletin boards and online communities.

His job will be supervising the forum and going forward also participating in developing it further. Please let him know of your concerns with the website (he will also be reading the past discussions to get up to speed...)

Please join me in welcoming Hatu aboard! :D

Mike Nike
Community User Level: 5

Nice news :)

Post by Mike Nike » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:15 am

Welcome, Hatu and thanks Jani you hired him ;)
His job will be supervising the forum and going forward also participating in developing it further.
I doubt it, but i ask before others do: does this include that Hatu would be able to create something like an official community page (or maybe in a later status of TS)?

Hatu
Community User Level: 1

Re: New Community Manager

Post by Hatu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:23 am

Creator wrote:Hi everyone,

In the light of the recent problems with the forum I'm very happy to announce we have hired a new Online Community Manager. Let me introduce mr. Matt Miller, aka Hatu!

Hatu was an active player and community member for Earth and Beyond, one of the games I was working on at Westwood, and he is experienced in maintaining bulletin boards and online communities.

His job will be supervising the forum and going forward also participating in developing it further. Please let him know of your concerns with the website (he will also be reading the past discussions to get up to speed...)

Please join me in welcoming Hatu aboard! :D
Hello ALL,

I am very excited to be your Online Community Manager. I will be monitoring the forums daily and reading as much as I can to familiarize myself with Turbo Sliders and other JollyGood Games. My mission is to expand the community here greatly and increase the number of visitors sufficiently.

My email and various contacts are located in my profile so if you have any questions, comments, or concerns do not hesitate to give me a buzz. I am open to help anyone in any way I can.

In the coming weeks, changes will be made in the design of the Forums in order to better facilitate the community. All in all I am here to help and to keep the Forums as lively as possible.
Jollygood Games Community Manager - http://www.jollygoodgames.com

Creator

Re: Nice news :)

Post by Creator » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:40 am

Mike Nike wrote:Welcome, Hatu and thanks Jani you hired him ;)
His job will be supervising the forum and going forward also participating in developing it further.
I doubt it, but i ask before others do: does this include that Hatu would be able to create something like an official community page (or maybe in a later status of TS)?
That's a good question. The answer is, let's give him time to get familiar with the community and find out ways to solve the immediate problems and help increase visitors and players. In the long run nothing is impossible but I wouldn't want to ask him do this as the first task, since that would probably occupy him for quite a while, and there are more pressing matters to solve. We need to fix some bugs and start getting more people in! But believe me, we listen to your feedback and Hatu has available to him whatever resources we have.

benzinfurz

Post by benzinfurz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:56 am

We need to fix some bugs and start getting more people in
there will be more people here if the community page got a direct link to the forum (what would be the best)
dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla
www.benzinfurz-ts.de.vu/

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:14 pm

Hello Hatu, welcome to the TS community!

Hatu

Post by Hatu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:54 pm

benzinfurz wrote:
We need to fix some bugs and start getting more people in
there will be more people here if the community page got a direct link to the forum (what would be the best)
Thank you mouse, but back to Benzinfurz: I don't quite understand what you're trying to say here.

Someone please enlighten me.

Jarno
Community User Level: 3

Post by Jarno » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:48 pm

Hello hatu.

What you think in personally about making website for Turbo Sliders?
We here in community thinks that website is very important. Now there is multiple sites for different teams and players. Its hard to look around and found interesting news or new tracks or so on...
I dont know how much you know about TS but there was good site(tscups.com) but that died.
Spinnering on limits...

Hatu

Post by Hatu » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:46 pm

Jarno wrote:Hello hatu.

What you think in personally about making website for Turbo Sliders?
We here in community thinks that website is very important. Now there is multiple sites for different teams and players. Its hard to look around and found interesting news or new tracks or so on...
I dont know how much you know about TS but there was good site(tscups.com) but that died.
so basically you want a good quality website specifically for TS that has all the latest news and updates and contains the TS community? Creator and I discussed having a sub-domain, such as ts.jollygoodgames.com or something close to that.

Personally, I'll do whatever you guys want as long as I get permission to do so from Creator really. I'm here to make you all feel better and make more people be around really. I am here to increase the number of people that visit the forums and main site.

benzinfurz

Post by benzinfurz » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:35 pm

i mean for example that the accounts of forum are the same as on the webpage and statistics and profiles that may be importan can be shown on the page or in forum
i agree with jarno in making a new website like tscups.com with a data of tracks and cups and players of course
about the rest i need to think ;)
dies irae, dies illa
solvet saeclum in favilla
www.benzinfurz-ts.de.vu/

Hengari

About website for Turbo Sliders..

Post by Hengari » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Some offtopic now that Jarno started it.

Before Mike Nike gets here I would like to comment this "website for Turbo Sliders" idea.

Mike Nike has made a "good" start for a community page (as also Jarno knows) but as I also feel, the new community-page for cup-information and such with the user information from this forums registered users needs "support" from the JGG to keep it some kind of official status and to make it really work.

There has been many posts about a new community page but it still needs some ideas and solutions to be found. The community-page which Mike has made is good, but is not really easy to use and to update because all the content management system are almost shitty when you need just something and want to customize it nicely.

As I personally feel, there are too many forums to follow when thinking about races and cups. Also this forum needs sub-categories for different kinds of stuff like cups, tracks and general chit-chat.

I would like to see a new Turbo Sliders dedicated page in address like www.turbosliders.com and there this forum, information about cups, the track-records and of course the how to buy -stuff. Then it would be easy to find everything you need to know about this game in one place. The Turbo Sliders page in the JGG -site now is very confusing and the information is hard to find. JGG could use a better webdesigner :P

Huh, such a long post, I'm almost as bad as Mike Nike :)
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint

TnT

Post by TnT » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:16 am

Welcome Haku, to the best players community!
K.I.A. = Killer In Action

Jarno

Post by Jarno » Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:53 am

hatu wrote:
so basically you want a good quality website specifically for TS that has all the latest news and updates and contains the TS community? Creator and I discussed having a sub-domain, such as ts.jollygoodgames.com or something close to that.

Personally, I'll do whatever you guys want as long as I get permission to do so from Creator really. I'm here to make you all feel better and make more people be around really. I am here to increase the number of people that visit the forums and main site.
Basically yes. And if you can do this page i think you should open new topic for this so players can tell what they want. That list is long :)
As hengari says mike has done some nice work but something is still missing there. Also yann1ck has done great statistic page but we need that offical site where all could put together.
So inform us when/if you are starting doing that page so we can tell you some demands. :)
Spinnering on limits...

dby

Post by dby » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:44 pm

hatu wrote:Creator and I discussed having a sub-domain, such as ts.jollygoodgames.com or something close to that.
Jollygood seems to own www.turbosliders.com as it redirects to http://www.jollygoodgames.com/turbosliders/
why not use that adress for the community page instead?

Jeffrey

Welcome from the Maltese Community

Post by Jeffrey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:19 am

HATU the Maltese Community will give you full support. We really need this headquarters.

Together we can make this project bigger.

Take a look at our website: http://www.turboslidersmalta.com

We are starting our local maltese championship on March 16th

Jeffrey

xzeal

Post by xzeal » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:51 pm

dby wrote:
hatu wrote:Creator and I discussed having a sub-domain, such as ts.jollygoodgames.com or something close to that.
Jollygood seems to own www.turbosliders.com as it redirects to http://www.jollygoodgames.com/turbosliders/
why not use that adress for the community page instead?
actually i think that has been around before 1.00 (before JGG). Also there is a site www.turbosliders.net which has been around longer then i have been playing this game. I believe Ande or some long extinct 0.60b players own them.

stummihouse

Post by stummihouse » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:58 pm

hi hatu!
welcome and good job!

Our community get ready to partecipate to the construction of maxi community :wink:

bye!

p.s. nice website jeffey!

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:39 pm

Hope that one day, turbo sliders will have a Headquarters where all official clubs/members are registered there. Hope we'll have a good looking website with lot of information in it. The scope of this hq website (its mission and vision) are to get all turbo sliders fans together as one.

Many like my website. I am the webmaster of turboslidersmalta.com, but what i do and create new in there after hearing the feedback from my club members.

This is very important that the HQ is "built" by the community itself.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:36 pm

Hatu i think it a good idea to remove old posts

Mouse

Post by Mouse » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:04 pm

Jeffrey what do you mean by "old posts"? There is a lot of data on these forums, why remove? If you do remove them please back up the data, dont delete it all. :?

Jeffrey

Mistake in Title

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Hatu can you please correct my latest new post casue i made a mistake in title:

it must read Looking instead of Kooking

An Idea for Good Kooking Tracks using less tiles

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:46 pm

I have edited it.
But as far as i know you could have edited it, too. Please tell me, if you are not able to.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:16 pm

yes i could sorry. i did not see the edit button.

Oncei posted that old unwanted posts should be removed: example like this one "We're giving out 3 FREE copies of Turbo Sliders!"

i think they are there for nothing and taking space for nothing. My opinion of course.

Mike Nike

Post by Mike Nike » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:52 pm

I would like to keep especially that (kind of) topic as a part of a kind of forum history, actually. In the future the forum will be anyway so big, that you have no overview and you need to use more and more the search engine.

[COL]SirWhite

Post by [COL]SirWhite » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:03 am

Is that fker getting payed??
[COL] Forevah!!!