It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:27 pm

Turbo Sliders Feature Requests

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 12:27 am

Me again. :wink: I guess this is my own little corner. :) I got few more suggestions:
-It will be nice to have new starting order that could be used only in ghost mode. All players should be allowed to start from the first start position.
-New race stats and cup stats counting should be added. Races stats would show only race result (actually, we already have it), but cup stats would show summarized races results (times) too. Standings should show player's whole gap after each race.
-Of course, good thing will be possibility of using a number of tracks that will be combined. For example: We can make a cup with 20 tracks and use number 2 which means that every two races will have combined and summarized results. It will be perfect to have possibility of using more numbers for that. For example: when we use numbers 2 1 5 3 25 4 10, that means we will play cup with 45 races (probably 45 tracks too), first two races will have summarized results and you can get points for that summarized result; after that, we will play one track (so it will not be combined with another one) and you can get new points for it; then you play five races in a row...then 3, 25, 4 and 10 (don't look at these big numbers, it's just an example). So, you will get points 7 times for that 7 combinations.
But, of course, just one combination with 15-20 races(tracks) could be great to play too.
-Very important, these suggestions will go with my old one: invisible ghosts (transparency 100%). So, all players can drive at the same time.
-Next, we need possibility to set different number of laps for every single race in cup. But it's not emergency because we have admins for that.

I just can't imagine how fun could be to play some rally cups on that way. We could set 20 'one lap tracks' like scud's Sc_Winter or my Wh_Rally-Endurance etc. and drive just for summarized time. I'm sure that we would get lot of new brilliant 'one lap tracks' from all TS players. I could not to sleep few nights and make some cool Sprint tracks for 'ghost off' races. :) Sure, rally will be the best with oldschool default cars. On this way we could play regular (circle) tracks too with one lap or different number of laps. It will be very dynamic and enjoyable because we will play lot of different tracks with low number of laps and with lot of possibilities for great battle.

To be continue... :lol:
Last edited by Whiplash on Wed May 04, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Rendy Andrian

Community User Level: 2

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 6:06 am

How about this, instead of the races are being counted with points, how about the races are counted based on total time?

So here, example the first race you've completed: 3 minutes; second race: 4 minutes. Total time: 7 minutes.

It might be more appropriate for some rally-based events/tracks like Sc_Winter or Wh_Rally Endurance.

And yes, the fastest time throughout "x" number of races wins.
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

Whiplash

PostMon Dec 21, 2009 11:13 am

Rendy Andrian wrote:How about this, instead of the races are being counted with points, how about the races are counted based on total time?

So here, example the first race you've completed: 3 minutes; second race: 4 minutes. Total time: 7 minutes.

It might be more appropriate for some rally-based events/tracks like Sc_Winter or Wh_Rally Endurance.

And yes, the fastest time throughout "x" number of races wins.

My suggestion is not clear, or you didn't read it carefully? :) That's exactly what I wrote in my last reply. I'm realy woried about my english now. :) Please tell me that it's not my foult. :)

Whiplash

PostTue Dec 29, 2009 3:06 pm

-We should finally get possibility of playing multiplayer on big tracks in local game too. That game should be performed like real rally races (only one player on the track: next player goes after first one etc.). Playing "one lap tracks" on that way will be good enough.
-I don't have to mention that there should be nice statistic after every race in cup with all information about last race result and overall result.
-This suggestion goes with my old one: increasing number of human players in local game (6 is ok).

dede

PostTue Dec 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Just to make it clear, the game isn't currently being developed, and this shouldn't change for some time.

Instead of growing this list of requested features, why don't we all concentrate on thinking how we could improve the *CURRENT* game by suggesting new web-based features.

After 2005 both the developer and JGG stopped following the game, so what remained now is just this little community. I hoped to relaunch it making a dedicated website, but that didn't work as expected. I should've probably followed suggestions by Hengari who criticized the decision to make the website all on my own, because that way we would've had more players taking care of the website itself & the community.

I have the feeling that in last months the online activity fell down to the lowest limit ever reached. Additionally we aren't attracting new players to the community & organized cups.

So is the game dying? No, as long as the hardcore wank..ehrm..players keep playing the game. But not to die doesn't mean to live. We should decide how much we care about the game and then plan what to do in the future.

About myself, I loved the game from the first time I played it, and after more than 4 years I still love it in the same way. I dedicated about 1/4 of my life in these 4 years to TS (if we consider playing, coding, discussing, chatting..), but still that time wasn't enough to do many things (advertise the game, organize cups more often/constantly, etc..). Unluckily one person isn't enough to do all the work, and I learnt that.

In order to increase the community and the game popularity, I believe that we need to make a team of dedicated players taking care about different things (develop the website, advertise the game, organize cups and tournaments). I already started cohoperating with Tijny, who will be the main developer of the new website. But, as I said, I would like to involve more players into this project.

Changing the way community is organized will be crucial for the future of the game, also considering that Ande will probably take important decisions about it in 2010.

Mike Nike

PostWed Dec 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Game never dies, but it's not really living at the moment - well said...
I bought a widescreen lately (~150 euros) and just because i suck playing TS on it, i haven't used it anymore.
I played plenty of pc games and developed own pc games. Since 1st day playing TS i played and developed only a few other games.
In other words, i'm hardly gonna leave TS as long as i'm alive^^ and TS or a similar own selfmade online racing game might motivate me to start coding seriously in php & mysql. Nice to hear, Tijny has more motivation than me about it, at the moment :)

Tijny

PostWed Dec 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Mike Nike wrote:Nice to hear, Tijny has more motivation than me about it, at the moment :)
Hardly, I just couldn't say no to dede and now there's no way out... :P
But if you have any ideas, you're always welcome to share them.

dede

PostWed Dec 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Mike Nike wrote:I played plenty of pc games and developed own pc games.

Are you saying that you might want to continue the TS game development? Be careful with your answer, as Tijny suggests :D

Whiplash

PostWed Dec 30, 2009 7:24 pm

dede wrote:About myself, I loved the game from the first time I played it, and after more than 4 years I still love it in the same way. I dedicated about 1/4 of my life in these 4 years to TS (if we consider playing, coding, discussing, chatting..)...

Mike Nike wrote:I bought a widescreen lately (~150 euros) and just because i suck playing TS on it, i haven't used it anymore.
I played plenty of pc games and developed own pc games. Since 1st day playing TS i played and developed only a few other games.
In other words, i'm hardly gonna leave TS as long as i'm alive.

Same here guys. :wink: This is the best game I've ever play in general, so I spend most of my free time on it for sure.
And "I'm hardly gonna leave TS as long as" my eyes are in use. :wink:

dede wrote:In order to increase the community and the game popularity, I believe that we need to make a team of dedicated players taking care about different things (develop the website, advertise the game, organize cups and tournaments). I already started cohoperating with Tijny, who will be the main developer of the new website. But, as I said, I would like to involve more players into this project.

Well, when I joined here for the first time I tough that website, organizing cups and other stuff works here just like you said now. After some time I realized that you are doing all that work on your own and it never bothered me actually. But more players included there could increase website activity almost for sure. I would like to help on that way, but it's not possible with my poor programing and developing knowledge and abilities. So, I'll be there only with my playing and my ideas.

dede wrote:After 2005 both the developer and JGG stopped following the game...
Are you saying that you might want to continue the TS game development?

So, who are that two developers? What is real name of Ande? Is it Jani Mannisto or something like this? Do I understand it well: Mike is not just player here? He is like Ande or something too?
I'm just curious about that.
Last edited by Whiplash on Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pablinho15

PostWed Dec 30, 2009 8:54 pm

Dede: "I loved the game from the first time I played it"

+1

For me, the best 2D game.

It has much realism and I love

Janne

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Dec 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Whiplash wrote:So, who are that two developers? What is real name of Ande? Is it Jani Mannisto or something like this? Do I understand it well: Mike is not just player here? He is like Ande or something too?
I'm just curious about that.

The developer is Ande (Antti Mannisto) and Mike could be a bot programmed for lap wanking.

shyguy1001

PostSun Jan 03, 2010 6:52 pm

Janne wrote: Mike is a bot programmed for lap wanking.

Fix'd :wink:

Whiplash

PostFri Jan 15, 2010 5:09 pm

dede wrote:Just to make it clear, the game isn't currently being developed, and this shouldn't change for some time.

Anyway, I just need to ask for one important thing in future.
-Main menu should have one new option. It can be named "Load the game". I just can't escape from the game every time that I want to test some new changes on my new car or track.

Whiplash

PostFri Feb 26, 2010 9:35 pm

-Little fix is needed in lang/english file:
    Downloading
    Uploading
    Alpha Blending
    Lightmapping
    s349
    ################################################
    #
    ################################################
    New
    Record
    by
    and Fastest Lap
    New Fastest Lap
    disabled by pro rules.
    Track
    will be
    laps
    Server quitting.
This "by" word is used in two situations. It's used for: "new fastest lap by xxx" and "next track is yyy by xxx" This two messages should have separated "by"s because in my language it has no sense to use the same translated word "od" for both of "by"s there. It's impossible to find some other word to replace it too. So, obviously those two messages are different contexts too and that's why I need two separated lines for it.
It's the same with other lines (words) like "players" etc. It should be all separated lines, like I said. Some languages have many forms of that word (Croatian has 7 forms), so I need to have possibility to use the right one).
Anyway, I'm pretty impressed how nicely is whole that file organized.

-
Whiplash wrote:DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT BRIDGES. I think that it's very bad idea. That will be only good for all these sick track makers. I already have vision of their new tracks called (for example): full shadow race, full arows race or full "whatever you decide to put there" race. The worst thing is that they will think that is cool. :? Personally, I don't want to play tracks with 90% bridges. Listen, only retarded player can stuck under the bridge. I play this game for 2 years and it never happen to me (ok, in one of billion situations). If you want to destroy spirit of TS easily like that, you can just make that cars go flying when it comes to that area where suppose to be bridge. :? When I'm editing the track, I want to use bridge that will be a bridge, not some kind of transparent shit. :? I will say it again: Do not change OLD SCHOOL BRIDGES and nothing around it. It is only good for funny, stupid and sick track makers and the same players.

Tijny wrote:And what makes you believe transparent bridges are going to be implemented? :)

Hmmm, I guess you saw these lines too:
    # possible new starting orders
    Last race
    Reverse last race
    Transparent Bridges
    New personal best
    (mutes a player)
    (ignores a player)
    (shows currently ignored players)

Man, If Ande makes this shit - I will make that it be his last version. :)
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Pingu

PostThu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 am

When 2 formula 1 car drive close behind eachtoher the one behind gets more speed because the car in front of him keeps him out of the wind.

uhhh.. you know what i mean but i can't get the right english word for this effect at the moment

Whiplash

PostThu Apr 08, 2010 11:36 am

Pingu wrote:When 2 formula 1 car drive close behind eachtoher the one behind gets more speed because the car in front of him keeps him out of the wind.

uhhh.. you know what i mean but i can't get the right english word for this effect at the moment

:) I tough about it too. But it could make more problems then fun. I guess you liked Petrov's movements behind of Hamilton last race on Sepang. :)
Players will get possibility to make better times with that, so fastest laps will depend by that driving. That's why it should show c (or anoter letter) behind that time too. That option would be cool with some slow cars like AntiSlider. And, for sure, it must be optional. There could be possibility to change volume of that efect (btw, it's called "lee" I think).

-Invisible "lee area" could be made; something like this one (but much smaller and with another design):

Tijny

PostThu Apr 08, 2010 11:59 am

The word you two are looking for is "drafting".

Etmil

PostThu Apr 08, 2010 5:27 pm

Yes, find out more here.

Whiplash

PostFri Apr 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Etmil wrote:Yes, find out more here.

Niiiice. :wink:
That example with birds and bikes is great. But in those situations it's mostly used to save strength, not to get more speed. I heard that cyclists can save up to 40% of the strength driving behind the others.

Whiplash

PostMon May 03, 2010 3:39 pm

One day, this could also be repaired:

This only happens when I use OpenGL. I see black holes on bridges and can't see tire marks on the track. :? This happens on all the computers on which I installed the game, so it's not just a problem with my graphic card.
Last edited by Whiplash on Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostMon May 03, 2010 5:16 pm

uhmm i think you reached your limit of suggestions as your last post about black holes they belong there its part of the tricky track (not that i like the holes) about the tire marks i got no idea
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

dede

PostMon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm

I had black transparent parts problem too, but after editing the image and setting transparent color again I got it working. Infact now I'm playing with transparent bridges with OpenGL..

Whiplash

PostMon May 03, 2010 10:04 pm

dede wrote:...after editing the image and setting transparent color again I got it working.

What 'editing the image' actually means?

And Jurgen...yeah Jurgen, holes should be there, but not black holes you asshole. :)

Etmil

PostTue May 04, 2010 4:35 am

I've always thought they're supposed to be black and never worried about it..

dede

PostTue May 04, 2010 6:37 am

Whiplash wrote:What 'editing the image' actually means?

With photoshop..
PreviousNext

Return to Suggestions