It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:26 am

Firewall issue (tried already alot)

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Bladas

Firewall issue (tried already alot)

PostThu Mar 11, 2010 11:52 am

I want to create a dedicated server, but got stuck on the firewall issue which meantions to people who want to join the server that the server is behind a firewall or proxy. I've read the other topics about this, but I haven't been able to solve the problem.

I'm using the newest Turbosliders install and have my router setup to forward the ports 6655 and 6654 to my internal IP address. When checking with http://www.canyouseeme.org/ it tells me (only when the server is running) that 6655 is open. If I don't have the server running the port checking websites says connection refused. But the client port (6654) always gives me back that the connection is refused.

I don't use any software firewall or proxy services.

So somehow something still is stuck and I can't figure it out even tho I'm pretty experienced with network settings and work in the ICT sector. But probably I'm overlooking something, I hope someone can help me out or point me in the right direction.

emanuel

Community User Level: 1

Community User Level: 1

PostThu Mar 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Lol ur first post is a question so that means u might be open dedicated server for profit i hope not but anyways let me help u what computer u usin home or a server computer

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

PostThu Mar 11, 2010 3:54 pm

emanuel wrote:Lol ur first post is a question so that means u might be open dedicated server for profit i hope not more blabla without proper spelling or punctuation
What the hell is your problem?

It's weird, if that website can see your server, people should be able to connect without any problems. 2 questions:
1) Did you forward both TCP and UDP traffic? I suppose servers can't be pinged if you only forward TCP traffic.
2) Did you ask other people to join, or did you just try to connect yourself? You can't connect to the outside IP address from within the same network.

Bladas

PostThu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

emanuel wrote:Lol ur first post is a question so that means u might be open dedicated server for profit i hope not but anyways let me help u what computer u usin home or a server computer

My first post is indeed a question, I don't see the problem in doing so, but please elaborate on why you think this is not done.

Tijny wrote:
emanuel wrote:Lol ur first post is a question so that means u might be open dedicated server for profit i hope not more blabla without proper spelling or punctuation
What the hell is your problem?

It's weird, if that website can see your server, people should be able to connect without any problems. 2 questions:
1) Did you forward both TCP and UDP traffic? I suppose servers can't be pinged if you only forward TCP traffic.
2) Did you ask other people to join, or did you just try to connect yourself? You can't connect to the outside IP address from within the same network.

Thanks for the helpful reply. I indeed did try to connect from within the same network and got that error. I am not able to try from another network.

I just tried connecting to localhost and that works fine. I also saw that some races have been played while I was away in the last couple of hours, so it looks like it's working.

So actually, the difference is that when you have a dedicated TS running, you can't join TS from the same network through the master server list but have to connect to localhost in order to play on your own server?

Tijny

PostThu Mar 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Bladas wrote:So actually, the difference is that when you have a dedicated TS running, you can't join TS from the same network through the master server list but have to connect to localhost in order to play on your own server?
Yep, that pretty much sums it up. :)

Bladas

PostThu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 pm

Ok, great. Than it wasn't a problem after all :)

Perpaps an idea for the admins to note this down in the other topic as well? Or I must have overlooked that fact if it's already mentioned there.

Return to Suggestions