Trying to clean Tracks directory: what can be deleted?

Here you can post track-related information.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lux2
Community User Level: 2

Trying to clean Tracks directory: what can be deleted?

Post by lux2 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:54 am

I'm trying to make some order in my /tracks directory.

This is a screenshot of a part of my duplicate tracks files. The search filter is ("same name" and "same size" and "same content")
Is it possible to delete some of them?

For example, can I delete all 300-pat.pngs in "download" directories and keep only the one in the root?
It seems that it is not required that the pngs files are in the same folder of .trk. Is this true? In this case I need only one of the shared tiles files and all others can be deleted... True?

Another doubt is about "why TS needs to download again files that I already have? (this is also applied to .trks files)

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5
Community User Level: 5

Post by Whiplash » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:20 pm

As I know, you can't do much. All files of custom tracks have to be in the same folder. So, the only way is to have just one folder with all files in it.
But you need to know that the same problem will arrive soon again because the game makes different classification by it self. It's all about servers I think. They all makes they own classification. So, it will the best to avoid touching anything (even some better order could save some HD space, and give better preview). :wink:
Or you can wait for new TS version. :P

lux2

Re: Trying to clean Tracks directory: what can be deleted?

Post by lux2 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:35 am

Yeah :(
lux2 wrote:It seems that it is not required that the pngs files are in the same folder of .trk. Is this true?

WRONG!