It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:22 pm

F1SL Season 9

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Pingu

Community User Level: 5

PostFri May 04, 2012 4:07 am

Ah ok :D It's so stupid how can you even think about wanting to rerun a race or not lol. To do a rerun someting really serious would have to happen tbh, and those things only happen already during the race... you will now that instantaneously, you can't have doubt for a copple weeks to rerun a race or not lol :o

Pingu

PostFri May 11, 2012 11:03 am

So why was Q2 reran :roll:

Pingu

PostThu May 17, 2012 3:08 pm

Woooot First pole and a 1-2 for Torro Rosso.

I was driving quite an epic race. Start was messy and I crashed first corner LDO. But wasn't by far hard enouh to let all pass. Quite a hard 5 way battle for first and after that Mike and Me could cruise away.

First pitstop was coming in, cause i was reactionary pitting the mercedes guys so they never could get ahead but I made huge mistake at buststop chicane and when entering pits... lucky mike didnt hit me and after that my lead was gone and it was a cruise to the finish. :lol:

nice race though. Beginning should be epic for a vid. And since the beginning was the only place of the race where stuff happened Its a perfect race for a summary vid only :p

JonnO

Community User Level: 2

PostThu May 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Pingu wrote:Woooot First pole

Wooooooot first DQ in qualifying. :evil:

Started from back, finished 5th, only 7 seconds behind doman and wokinger. Hit the first corner trying to go on the inside, took me a bit to get past some people and stuff and easily lost 7+ seconds there.

If i wasn't DQ'd from quali probably could have finished top3 :(

gg anyway

Pingu

PostThu May 17, 2012 4:23 pm

that dsq was just pathetic too, funny how they now took the effort to put everyone 1 position to the front and you to the back.

But previous time whole Q2 had to be rerun while they could do it exactly the same way by putting manual positoins....

real.

Fabrik

Community User Level: 1

PostTue Jun 05, 2012 12:26 pm

Download links are all dead.. where can I download the mod?

szymek66

PostWed Jun 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Pingu

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 am

I dont fully understand it with google translate, we have to vote to for smt but what exactly?

Fabrik

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 am

Umm con someone please post a valid link to download the mod please?

szymek66

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 6:50 am

@Fabrik

http://student.agh.edu.pl/~wokinger/f1speedleague/

@Pingu

Because of matches of EURO 2012, we want to move the start of Singapore GP and Brazilian GP to 20:00 (CET). You should vote what suits you: 20:00 or 21:00

Pingu

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 am

Use your veto, 20:00 obviously :P

shyguy1001

Community User Level: 4

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 pm

Epic!! The first ever Le Mans I think was a total success, and just like Dakar rally this idea should be followed. Not everybody may like the F1 cars/races but I think these endurance events are what makes the F1SL stand out from other turbosliders cups.. really really fun, had a great time :) Nice to be on the podium for the first ever Le Mans 124 Laps and very well done to Szymek for winning :) I lost out to Wokinger on fuel strategy :(
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

JonnO

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 5:28 pm

It was pretty epic to be honest. The first 60 laps were tight and some good battles between me, Szymek and Shyguy. Then i missed my pitstop and ran out of fuel, causing a "seems over" moment :P From there on I just rode in 4th, defending krHymen from taking the position :)

shyguy1001

PostThu Jun 07, 2012 8:57 pm

The fuel strategy was AWESOME with such long pitstops meaning saving fuel was key while still trying to be fast :) And trying to calculate your fuel 1 hour in the future.. haha 1hours51minutes total time I heard, not bad! :)

Mike Nike

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 2:24 am

lol that was kind of a weird race..(shy, take some of this in case you need it for sliderstv)

after 36 hours of no sleep, i could have a 4 hours nap, and 2 hours later back home i drove 0,x laps local as lol-pre-race-practice and failed so ridiculously^^.
weeks ago i practiced the track and calculated the strategy, ending up in a 1h52min15 8-stopper (thats what i calculated, driving just 2-3 stints) with laps 15,14,14...,14,11 with filling tank to 88, 88..., 88, 67 (or 73+ instead 67 in order to hunt fastest lap in end, if being in lead at least 4,5 sec)..

i ended up reading the wrong line, so i filled to 95 percent and actually had a 15,15,15,15,15,15,15,15,4 strategy without realizing until today, 10 hours after the race -.-

anyway, i somehow managed to get the pole - yay^^

due to an irritating chatline though, which conversation i didnt follow, i was not sure if lap 1 is gonna be a pacing lap and there will be some kind of rolling restart, whatever this is. so i didnt mind so much falling back to 7th place in lap 1, szymek sent me to the sand accidently and let me pass - thx and sry too lol
nothing happens in lap 2 and i figured i was kinda lol-pwned by that chatcomment - was joking "ffs rerun!" in my head lol

in lap 9 i overtook szy inner line, he then gave me a little touch when steering into the curve and would have sent me ugly offroad, if i wouldnt have gone deep into brake. letting me pass there would have been nice i think. so in case szy won by a short lead, it probably wouldnt have been fully deserved - either way, he probably was the best driver in this race.

lol gg to wokinger semi-cheating in the box driving through pitstop while filling fuel :P
while he optimized his stop, i anti-optimized my stop lol and instantly hit control while being in the box. it filled to 100 percent fast - yeah i repaired my car, but fuel was still 5 percent, i was leaving the box and was like..wtf..moment..eh...FAIL -.-...drove backwards by breaking 1 carlength back into my box, stopped, and parked at a zone where it does not fill fuel, so: DOUBLEFAIL lol..so another correction was necessary. that pitstop cost me 8-10 sec to the already 5-7 sec or so i was behind already.

lap 30ish, disconnected?
i hoped it was an all-cars-are-disconnected-situation, but after 4-7 sec, which i coulda saved, i hit escape and reconnect. all in all, another 30 sec lost due to that, circa.
still, due to my pit strategy, seeing others stopping 2 laps earlier than me, i thought they will all stop 1 time more than me and i will still maybe win the race lol^^. and the moment i thought about that, while being also a bit irritated by something to do with wokinger, i missed to drive in pits -.- - which i figured few sec later, lil fk-chat+ driving into sand, gettin some damage, losing more time bla bla^^

and lol, 2 stints later or so, being already 20sec-ish close to krymen again, i saw a new fastest lap and again, ~5sec before my pitstop i got irritated and started to think about if i should consider filling more to be able to drive the fastest lap.
note - 49.04 was a fast lap with my no-use-of-brake-line when i saved fuel. using 100 percent acceleration i managed to get a low 48.5, not being satisfied in at least 2-3 curves and having 2 more laps where i thought i could touch likely 48.3x or so.
anyway, being irritated again, i missed my 2nd pitstop...and i figured it out on the straight crossing the lap. but bw-driving aint be allowed, so again its gonna be the full 50sec-lap without fuel and that lap takes 160sec+-...so..omgfail again

after that i think i still drove a while normal racing, but last 40 laps or so i started to use a fast and fuel consuming line in order to get the fastest lap.
i got it within some laps, kinda crushing the currently fl of 48.71 to 48.53, didnt felt so well due to some not so fast curves, but still got brainfooled a bit that my lap would be likely enough. i still added a few more stops, filling only 36-60 percent fuel or something etc.

few laps before end wokinger and jonno drove a faster lap and i was like omg -.-...if i just could have pushed myself harder the last 20 laps^^.

place 6, 4 laps behind wahahhaha...just like szy said, "mike was brainlaggy today" ^^

either way, 1h51min04 is 71 sec faster than i thought i could drive, which feels weird. maybe its the different track version, dont know.
but even with just 0.5sec faster driving per lap due to szys and other drivers faster line - they need to fill 7-8 percent more fuel each pit...so..around 60p, which is 36 sec more.
im still amazed though that their driving style could manage a 14-lap-stint with 95-97 percent fuel, while i would consume that fuel within 11 laps with my fuel consuming driving style. so there was no other way for me than rolling out into curves for this race, not using the brake...

reminds me to the old toca season where i had a similar driving style disadvantage if it came to fuel and dede won so many races. but this time it felt pretty weird. i mean..im happy to get 12 or 13 laps with 95 percent fuel, saving some fuel in some curves, but even then i would be just as fast as szy+ some others and still have to stop 1 time more often -.-
geez..that sucks^^
maybe, if there is another event like that, ill try to practice lemans local in order to find a way to drive that lap with similar low fuel and similar speed like szy.
still, major fuel-cheat you guys :P gg

szymek66

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 3:24 am

Mike Nike wrote:in lap 9 i overtook szy inner line, he then gave me a little touch when steering into the curve and would have sent me ugly offroad, if i wouldnt have gone deep into brake. letting me pass there would have been nice i think. so in case szy won by a short lead, it probably wouldnt have been fully deserved - either way, he probably was the best driver in this race.

Sorry, I wasn't sure there if I had pushed you there. We can always rerun this race :D.

Few words from me:
After patetic SCARTS finish on Wednesday I wanted to do my best @ Le Mans. I hosted, so that could be a small advantage but hopefully nobody had pernament problems.

My first stint wasn't good. Lost there about 6-7s to leaders. Mike was blocking me there a bit but fortunately it didn't cost me much time. Later was only better and better. I wasn't the fastest but my lap times were the most equal. Others' strategy fails helped me too.

I wqas a bit scary when somebody (propably Simms) puished Dillon's car onto the track. Second scary moment was when Simms disconnected and his car satyed on the track in las corners. I avoided him in very last time.

To Lap 60 or so I was pushing hard to catch Shy and Jonno. Then after Jonno's problems with pit I realized that Shy must have made one more stop than me. But fight with him was really awesome so I haven't slowed down there yet.

On the final stint I looked at my gap to Woki and slowed down a bit. I was thining then: "Stay cool, you can't lose this race" Polish 1-2 was an amazing result after being beaten by foreigners in F1SL. HUSARIA!!!

Amazing race, we have to reaply this in the future. Porsche is the best car for this kind of race - easy to drive and fight with each other.

shyguy1001

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 6:11 am

I think me and szymek were almost equal in speed but my driving style means I used about 5% more fuel per stint, which when there are 9 stints costs a whole pitstop! :D And when pitstops are 1 minute long, that really sucks :D

szymek66

PostFri Jun 08, 2012 6:53 am

Seems I am fuel-saver

Pingu

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 4:45 am

You always use full throttle shy and just press brake and throttle together or how would you use more fuel :P?

shyguy1001

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 6:34 am

I guess I don't coast as much round the corner, on the throttle earlier etc.. this allowed me to lead a lot of laps but I used at least 5% more fuel per run.. thats hardly noticeable in a normal race but in this race, you have to multiply that by amount of pitstops so get nearly 45% :D

Mike Nike

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm

quick help pls
im at a friend, installed ts, the 4 mod files, batch file in sliders.exe folder saved as sliders.bat with text inside
sliders.exe -mod mod_f1sl09

but executing says failed to init mod or something...
ffs

edit...
lol what a "race"
40 min till race, was about heading home from the city, but skipped to save fuel (because i had to go to the city after the race again) and decided to play at a friends laptop. omg version of internet explorer..-.-
ts installed, mod installed, batch file done..finally found out a trick how to run the mod.
just in time, with acceptable key settings, sound etc., just the gfx sucked, due to little stretch, which caused a bit of a weird feeling...driving not as fast to left or right side as when going top or down.
also..no idea which track to drive, so..0 practice kinda.
at least i practiced singapore a bit many weeks ago and i loved it, so driving it under these circumstances was kind of a pity.

anyway lol, around 3-4 seconds slower in warmup or so, and around 2 seconds slower in quali.
when i drove some laps, increased a bit and was happy to drive a 48.6, 1 lap later the fastest lap of someone else was 46.7^^.
amazingly, at some point of the race i drove a 46.6 by myself somehow, which was the fastest lap and at end of race only maybe 0.3 (?) sec slower than the fastest lap, but anyway wowowow^^.

also: there were more lags/disconnects than actual warps in the race for me. hard to say how many seconds i lost there. but in end of race i was somewhere strange in a wall, semi stucked, so i got lapped by first 3 drivers or at least 1 driver.
also, the dirty screen of the laptop irritated me quite a bit, resulting into one of my few flies into those zones where you lose 50 percent energy in 1 or 3 seconds or something.
i soon realized its gonna be a 1 stopper for me, losing so much damage so fast..

i made a few mistakes due to somewhat own fault too, a little bit concentration lost due to talking with my friend and the television running in front of me, but most was due to the weird gfx and weird keys on the laptop and that would have been enough to max get close to 3rd place, but lags and warps made it a lolrun. i wonder if that was just my friends sucky connection or (hopefully not) the server.

Wokinger

PostMon Jun 18, 2012 9:26 am

I'm back here :D

1. I started on my old PC. It was extremelly difficult to feel comfortable. I wanted to enjoy that race, because I knew that I couldn't win, what's more, I couldn't even fight for podium. So it was really surprising that I was leading through few laps. I didn't want to figth with anybody. I only tried to keep driving safe and as fast I could. 2nd place with chances to win is a really good result for me.

2. Seems I am fuel-saver as well. 94%-97% / 14okr. with normal racing style :D Only last stint was different, because I was pushing a lot trying to catch Szymek. But it was like quali style.

3. Maybe 60s is too much for individual racing. Last time it was 40s like in real. This time was 20s more, because we want to try drivers changes in the future and then 40s couldn't be enough.

4. During break between 9 and 10 season you can expect more races like this :D

shyguy1001

PostMon Jun 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Great, such fun, I must total recommend that if you am not interested in F1SL F1, fair enough, but everyone should give this a go, its so awesome! :D

Lanz

PostMon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:Great, such fun, I must total recommend that if you am not interested in F1SL F1, fair enough, but everyone should give this a go, its so awesome! :D

+1

Pingu

PostWed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I the brazil race 2moro?

Sorry Mike I can't make it this thurday, constructors lost for sure :(?
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions