It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:03 am

Making your own tracks with PhotoShop

Here you can post track-related information.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Etmil

Community User Level: 3

PostSun Dec 04, 2011 3:45 pm

Pit [refuel] ID should be 77, I know that most of Tijny's tracks have it set on 77. But you can always define your own. Be sure to save your pattern file with the color table present (it has been a problem for me sometimes, when Photoshop 'forgets' it and then track won't appear in the Editor), also important is to have the pit terrain defined in your .trk file as follows:

Code: Select all
Terrain    Pit
  id      77
  isWall   0
  viscosity   1.0
  acceleration   0.5
  braking   1.0
  grip      2.0
  steering   1.0
  skidMark    1
  tyreMark      0
  red      110
  green      110
  blue      110
  pit           1
  energyloss    0
End

.. and finally, never forget to place the tile itself in the track! Basically, slowdown terrain and refuel should be separated from each other, which means they're both a different colour and have to be defined as such in your track file as well. Hope it helps!

Lanz

Community User Level: 4

PostSun Dec 04, 2011 3:56 pm

Etmil wrote: also important is to have the pit terrain defined in your .trk file as follows:

Terrain    Pit
  id      77
  isWall   0
  viscosity   1.0
  acceleration   0.5
  braking   1.0
  grip      2.0
  steering   1.0
  skidMark    1
  tyreMark      0
  red      110
  green      110
  blue      110
  pit           1
  energyloss    0
End

Terrain Pitlane
id 84
isWall 0
viscosity 1.0
acceleration 0.5
braking 1.0
grip 2.0
steering 1.0
skidMark 1
tyreMark 0
red 120
green 120
blue 120
End
Terrain Pit
id 77
isWall 0
viscosity 1.0
acceleration 0.5
braking 1.0
grip 2.0
steering 1.0
skidMark 1
tyreMark 0
red 110
green 110
blue 110
pit 1
End

as you see its the same! i also choose the right color table! wich id am you using for pitlane?

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Dec 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Etmil means that you should use two different terrains, one for pitlane and one for pit area itself. Basically the same code, but in pitlane terrain definition you shouldn't put "pit 1"!

Lanz

PostSun Dec 04, 2011 4:40 pm

ok thx fixed!

Lanz

PostMon Dec 12, 2011 1:22 pm

since i need only a few tiles from the racing tile pack i tried to cut out the walls/fences to create my own tile but somehow its not working!
dont know if thats even possible, or what i did wrong! pls some help!thx

GuiGo

I need some help

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi friends,

Im brazilian driver, and new on track creator by photoshop.
I found dede´s tutorial but i cant make a track.
First problem. (Number 2 in tutorial), i create a new layer, but in first click with PEN, this happen Image. And then my track are full filled inside. Image
What im missing?
Thanks for the support

dede

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm

You need to do it in Paths panel! Try it!

GuiGo

???

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 6:16 pm

What i need to do in paths panel?
After do that things i will on paths and rename to track path, but still the same thing.

GuiGo

It works

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Its works =)
Im evolving now =)
I will try to continue... another problem i will notice you.
Thanks a lot dede =)
Cya :D

GuiGo

Another problem...

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 6:44 pm

After track are designed, when i double click in layer Track Shape.
Our screen are diferent and result either. Look that.

GuiGo

I do it...

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Ok im doing it... its right until now =)

GuiGo

Color Table

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm

I dont understant it, im broking my head, and dont work =/

Lanz

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 am

you have to change the pattern! like showed in this picture change the patterns to grayscale paper! then choose one of those! there are more existing, this one is only a example!

then you have to find a good setting which fits to the pattern as well! i changed the scale to 24% so that it looks good in the game as well! this one for example works good from my point of view cos i used it in all of my latest tracks!

GuiGo

Really thanks Lanz, can u help me with color table?

PostThu Jan 03, 2013 2:43 am

I do pattern.
But in nº7 of tutorial, im stop and cant undestand =/
I already copy the table color of another dede track, but, doens´t work well.
I down know what i can do.

Whiplash

Re: Making your own tracks with PhotoShop

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm

Lanz

PostTue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Whiplash wrote:WTF???

lol! classic problem! i don't know no other way then changing them with the brush tool! 1px brush on 1000%! have fun mate! making good looking kerbs was always the most time consuming thing once i made my tracks!

Whiplash

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 7:12 pm

God damn, that 7. part of the tutorial (creating pattern file) is so confusing. At some point it says: "First of all, fill the whole document with the color which has ID 0 (in my case, it’s #000000 - black")"
But, what document it is talking about??? Also, I don't know what exactly that "fill" means. There is a option "fill" inside of "edit" tab, but I can't pick any custom color there. It gives me only THESE options. I can't believe I spent so much time making such a simple shits.

power79

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 8:23 pm

To me that kerb problem looks like your curve was too sharp. Maybe it would have worked if you had just rounded those inner edges first.

I can't make much sense of that part of tutorial either, but I am also not using Photoshop.

First you need to create color palette (color table in that tutorial) which has all the terrain colors indexed so that they match turbo sliders terrain id's. Then you should save that so you can use it later. Maybe it's possible to get that table by loading some completed TSE tracks pattern file. In fact opening and studying those pattern files probably gives you good idea how to make it.

I have only made rally tracks with Gimp but I always found that its easier to make pattern file first and then transform that one to track image at the end. But I didn't have to work with kerbs or pitlanes or other shit like that.

Lanz

PostWed Mar 12, 2014 9:46 pm

power79 wrote:To me that kerb problem looks like your curve was too sharp. Maybe it would have worked if you had just rounded those inner edges first.

well sure you can help yourself and make your life a bit easier doing that with anchor point tool etc!

Whip wrote:God damn, that 7. part of the tutorial (creating pattern file) is so confusing. At some point it says: "First of all, fill the whole document with the color which has ID 0 (in my case, it’s #000000 - black")"
But, what document it is talking about??? Also, I don't know what exactly that "fill" means. There is a option "fill" inside of "edit" tab, but I can't pick any custom color there. It gives me only THESE options. I can't believe I spent so much time making such a simple shits!

well once you got it it`s indeed very simple! the whole doc, is the file you saved as png-8! first of all you save the file you created as png-8! then you open that file in photoshop! then you include the TS colortable! in case you don`t got the table open one of mine pat files click image-mode-color table and save that one! thats the custom table! go to your own document and click image-mode-indexed color-colortable and load the custom table! then with the rectangular marquee tool you select the whole doc! then shift+backspace! a little window gets opened named Fill! then you select color... and in the field with the # in front you write 000000 into it! whole doc should be filled with black now, thats the background for your file! well i wrote that as quick as possible i hope you got it, in case not you can add me on skype and i can help you out!

Whiplash

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 12:54 am

Lanz wrote:
power79 wrote:...with the rectangular marquee tool you select the whole doc! then shift+backspace! a little window gets opened named Fill! then you select color... and in the field with the # in front you write 000000 into it! whole doc should be filled with black now, thats the background for your file!

I already did that, but as I said, I'm always getting THIS WINDOW when using option "fill". There is no place to type "#000000". I can only pick black, white and 50% grey (HERE). No option for a custom color codes.

power79

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 9:00 am

I think you just need to select the color from your color table so that it becomes "Foreground Color" and then choose that one from the fill dialog. The color actually doesn't matter to TS - only the index(0,1,2,3,4...) of the color.

Tijny

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 11:07 am

Whiplash wrote:I already did that, but as I said, I'm always getting THIS WINDOW when using option "fill". There is no place to type "#000000". I can only pick black, white and 50% grey (HERE). No option for a custom color codes.

You have a Photoshop version from the stone age, newer versions do have that option. Also did you consider setting a foreground or background color, or even the fact that #000000 just might be the same as black? Seriously, I've seen 3-year-olds with better problem solving abilities.

Whiplash

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 2:46 pm

Of course I tried to pick foreground/backgroundcolor option, but that doesn't change anything. It still doesn't allow me to pick any custom color. And sure, I can pick directly "black" color, but that will solve only the color for the background black color of the pat. So, all the other pat colors remain as problem. Hmm, I thought this is actually the last PS version. At least it says it's 7.0.

EDIT: Oh, f***, I just started my old PS 5, and I see that it has "Color..." option. Pfff
Seems I bought wrong PS on Pirate Bay. :p

Lanz

PostThu Mar 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Whiplash wrote:At least it says it's 7.0.

that made my day! :lol:

Whiplash

PostFri Mar 14, 2014 3:27 am

The thing is even worst when I know that I was also saying to my self: "Oh, seems they turned back to some clasic layout".
Pfff, realy weird that torrentz gave me 7.0. as a first result. Now I know that I can't run even CS 6 on my PC.
PreviousNext

Return to Tracks