It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:24 pm

Help getting this game running in Single Player mode

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Erik Holland

Help getting this game running in Single Player mode

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Guys,

I know this game is quite old and i notice this board is almost dead. But i'm trying to get the single player mode running.

I have downloaded an couple of TSE-tracks and i downloaded the cars from F1-Trilogy. So now i went into AIRecord and recorded the ai laps for one of my cars.

But if i race now i get all the same cars. Is there a way to use different cars?

I thought i would ask before i start recording ai-lines for all different cars.

Thanks so far!

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: Help getting this game running in Single Player mode

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 1:47 pm

You have to make AI lines for each of the cars separately. You know, all the cars are different, so it would be weird if the Slider would go as same as AntiSlider. ;) Then set cars to be "non-fixed", and pick all the cars you want.

power79

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Erik Holland wrote:I have downloaded an couple of TSE-tracks and i downloaded the cars from F1-Trilogy. So now i went into AIRecord and recorded the ai laps for one of my cars.

But if i race now i get all the same cars. Is there a way to use different cars?

I thought i would ask before i start recording ai-lines for all different cars.

Thanks so far!

If all the car's properties/hash (image and name can ofc be different) are same you can use same AI lines with them. You just have to copy the lap and change the car name in the lap info.
Original:
Code: Select all
Lap
Time 12835
Car 418ddbba 65aa3edd a91c2a86 b2b69bcd
AntiSlider
P 10 28bb 714 0 cdb 2ab 400
P 210 2b4a 755 0 cdb 2ab 400
P 410 2dd9 795 0 cdb 2ab 400

To another car (with same properties/hash)
Code: Select all
Lap
Time 12835
Car 418ddbba 65aa3edd a91c2a86 b2b69bcd
SameAsAnti
P 10 28bb 714 0 cdb 2ab 400
P 210 2b4a 755 0 cdb 2ab 400
P 410 2dd9 795 0 cdb 2ab 400

power79

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 pm

Ok. I don't know if this has any use to anyone but I did it anyway. :lol:

So I added to my TSR_Reader software the possibility to convert laps from .tsr recordings to AI laps. Some problems,though:

1. tsr files only have 8 bytes for car hash value but AI lap files need 16. So you need to find/replace those hash values manually to the AI lap file. Hash values for cars can be found for example from re2-files (records2 folder). Maybe Tijny knows how to get those missing 8 bytes from tsr files?? Pretty irritating feature.

2. You must change your sliders.ini "RecordingInterval" and "RecordingIntervalClient" values to 200. Otherwise needed values for AI are recorded too rarely and AI laps can't be formed. With 400 it can be done but I think AI will then drive even worse than normally. I restricted the software so that if values are more than 500ms apart it doesn't even make the conversion.

3. Videos that are from network servers are really bad in this record interval (values recorded every 3000ms) matter so what you have to do, is play the recording locally and record it at same time (F4). Then that re-recorded file can be used to create AI laps.

4. You can create AI laps from one (selected)player at the time. If there is already lap file existing in the directory then new laps are added to its end, otherwise program creates the lap file.

I haven't tested much but it seems to work. Maybe Whiplash or someone is kind enough to try this and tell if something is wrong. And if you didn't understand something from my instructions you can ask for clarification.

Here you can download the program (extract zip file and open TSR_Reader.exe):
TSR_Reader

Whiplash

PostWed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry man, but this sound like a more boring than driving the lines. While driving, I always have some fun at least. :wink:
This produces new problems:
- people must find a recorded videos;
- video must have good quality;
- drivers/laps on the videos must be good.

But you actually could do one anther thing... Can you make a tool that will somehow multiply the lines automatically for the other cars that have the same handling/hash? If the player would drive a lines just for one car, that will be already a very useful thing, and I'm a first one who would use it. :wink:

Return to General Discussion