It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Punaball Champions League - Sign Ups!

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Re: Punaball Champions League - Sign Ups!

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 2:45 pm

Please kill me.

For a while I was pretty indifferent about reirom competing in this cup, but as far as I'm concerned now, he's banning himself with this shitstorm of idiotic comments.

Jan

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

edureirom wrote:blahblaaa

Reirom please, try to behave. Stop typing in caps. Of course you can suggest things but please do so respectfully or else nobody will take you seriously. Shyguy is the one who runs this cup and if you don't like it, you don't need to enter. Nobody except you cares about unbalanced teams because most of us just want to play for fun.

You were just going to gain some reputation back, so don't ruin it by being an idiot about something like this.

edureirom

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 3:50 pm

ok sorry. i was a bit harsh.... i will play for the fun not for the win

sorry eddie, jan good guy sorry

i will behave........ peace all.....

me and mike nike bayern.... ok.

move on

dede

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 pm

I fully agree with Reirom. I already picked worst player in the market, olio. Badeend is pretty awful but not same level as olio. Rulle change please.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 4:28 pm

edureirom wrote:blahblaaa

the only senseable thing you said in that whole stuff is that the new version wont change anything to how puna now is.
hopefully that doesnt change ever.

and as far as your concern about tijny badeend team...

Every team vs tijny badeend = :twisted: :twisted: think: we will try to win

Reirom vs tijny badeend = :cry: :cry: think: never ever gonna win

understood now?

PAECE OK
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

edureirom

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 4:50 pm

i dont have beta jurgen but what new version will change in puna? any example?

peace lol dede rox............

roma f*** hard in ucl draw lol

totti rox

me and mike are roma.......... made shy.......

sampdoria :mrgreen:

shyguy1001

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 2:55 am

Ok, I'd like to confirm that Gameweek 1 will start on the 15th September.

Tijny, your REIROM impressions have me cracking up!

REIROM, your REIROM impressions have me seriously regretting allowing you in. This MUST stop, I posted plenty of details about cup format and such in the first post - including the fact that until I know exactly how many teams there are, I can't make the draw! So, I'd like to also announce, that the draw will occur on the 8th September! You MUST get signed up into a team by then! After that, the only way new teams will be able to enter in the final week before the group stages start, is if we have an odd group (i.e a situation where we have 3 groups of 3 and 1 of 4) or if enough sign up to add an extra group. So, please make sure everythings sorted before then! Don't worry guys, I will give everyone who isnt yet in a team a PM if they still arent in one a few days before the 8th.

Also, not only is it allowed for the top players to team up - I'm very glad they are! It gives the cup a true "Champions League" feeling, and we have the chance of some really glamorous ties which should be really awesome on youtube! And yes, the draw WILL be weighted, I think I already said that too! FFFFFFFFF REI please don't make me kick you from this cup, you clearly have some puna talent so it would be good to have you in, but I can't stand the idiocy.

And about that, if no-one is offering to make me any graphics, I'm gonna do it myself, and I'll have a few videos from the test cup made by the 8th most probably. I've already recorded them, but they are lacking graphics is all! I'm not very good at that, its a shame if videos look a bit shitty cos of that but I'll do my best!

EDIT

I updated the first post, it seems we now have 11 teams, but Newcastle is unknown, Simms will play but perhaps not Santa. 12 would be a good even amount, so we could then have 4 groups of 3, with the top 2 going through from each group. Group winners would be kept away from eachother in the first knockout round, increasing incentive to win the group. Each team would play eachother twice, leading to a group stages that lasts 1 month (4 games). When Stealth + Xzeal specify their team, that would be 12, but as I say I'm a little worried about Newcastle, so lets try to get Oompa/Power signing up, perhaps together! 13 would be fine, we would have one group of 4, with players we know could be active enough to play eachother more than once a week :) Hope everybody is still looking forward to the cup, I think if I release some really nice youtube videos before signups close on the 8th, perhaps that could get us over the line! 14 teams would be incredible!
Last edited by shyguy1001 on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

edureirom

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 3:05 am

ok man.good job me and mike as roma.........

i think we can surprise the word with time thing we have a small chance.

we could made a test cup 2 this saturday right?

i want to test me and mike chemestry.........

shyguy1001

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 am

edureirom wrote:ok man.good job me and mike as roma.........

There will be no test cup 2. But feel free to organise your own informal games, I think the PCL sources are all there on the server so you can use official rules! And if not, just set /time 5 and /goals 0, swap after one half!

Mike Nike

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 7:16 am

kk, if i havent officially signed up yet, ill do that now. in case rei will compete, i will try to make him not miss the games and doodle/skype for best times to play the matches. which team it will be, i think shyguy (and rei) may decide. even if it has to be bayern munich - but i think a better team should take bayern.
in case rei doesnt play, i will join any team(mate) you want me to, shyguy.

@tijny
:D i had like 3 laugh flashs in that first REImpressive post after my last one - and had to save it to my alltime favourite fun/insider folder^^

shyguy1001

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 am

edureirom wrote:ok man.good job me and mike as roma.........

I already obeyed the lord ROM Mike and signed you up as Roma! I hope thats alright for you!

Jurgen-NL

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 8:02 am

all looks fair and good to me just wondering how you will determine the weigthing

and it has to be said your allready doing a good job shyguy :)
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Tijny

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 8:54 am

thanks shy.. shy rox.. good guy total.

seems me badeend clear favorites to win.......

other teams feel no pressure.... we can only lose....... seems not easy for us.... but will try not to disapoint..

others must shock the world... we must carry weight of whole world... equal hard i say.

arsenal :mrgreen:

game on.. fun all.. peace lol

Whiplash

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 9:22 am

edureirom wrote:i think we can surprise the word with time thing we have a small chance.

Tijny wrote:others must shock the world... we must carry weight of whole world... equal hard i say.

So, word*. tsc..tsc...piece...

shyguy1001

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 5:52 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:all looks fair and good to me just wondering how you will determine the weigthing

and it has to be said your allready doing a good job shyguy :)

I'm wondering this too mate haha! I think we will most probably make 2 pots. Pot 1 will have the best teams in it, but will be small, the same number as the number of groups (so if most likely, 4 groups, 4 teams in Pot 1). These teams will be kept away from eachother in the group stages, and I'll get puna experts like Fama to help me select those 4 teams. Then Pot 2 will be with every other team, and they can be assigned randomly. But if anyone can suggest a better system, please do!

shyguy1001

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 12:54 am

5 days left till the draw! Xzeal, Stealth has said to Fama he won't be playing the cup (his PC is broke or something), so my suggestion is either pick someone from the unattached players list, or get down to the Puna servers and start recruiting :D Don't worry, 5 days till TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY, so it can be done :D And you can always get an extension if it seems a deal is close to being completed ;)

Anyway guys, I would still appreciate some more co-commentators on the videos!! ;)

Jan

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:5 days left till the draw! Xzeal, Stealth has said to Fama he won't be playing the cup (his PC is broke or something), so my suggestion is either pick someone from the unattached players list, or get down to the Puna servers and start recruiting :D

Rub said he could be interested in the cup. I heard something about Cookie Monster too. You might want to approach those two at least.

Tijny

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 1:41 pm

Jan wrote:
shyguy1001 wrote:5 days left till the draw! Xzeal, Stealth has said to Fama he won't be playing the cup (his PC is broke or something), so my suggestion is either pick someone from the unattached players list, or get down to the Puna servers and start recruiting :D

Rub said he could be interested in the cup. I heard something about Cookie Monster too. You might want to approach those two at least.

There's also Oompa the Outstanding still on the signup list. Great guy and a talented PB player, just not a fanatic one. :)

shyguy1001

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Wheres F*** Mike Nike? :D I need him! So, heres the stats that are easily calculable that I'll include after every game on highlights videos, and even at HT on the videos of "full/live" games.

Goals (obviously)
Shots
Shots On Target
Shot Accuracy (%)
Territory (%)
Average Speed (This is why I need Mike, I can only show this stat if he agrees to calculate it for each game! If he doesn't thats ok ofc, im sure not too many people would be bothered but its an interesting stat)

Also where its appropriate (so, interesting), I'll include individual player statistics such as average speed, individual shot accuracy (or perhaps lack of it :P), and perhaps with Mikes help, collisions, heat maps, average positions graphics,and any other things we can think of! I can tell you these videos are already looking really quite great, but I think these stats can be the final piece of the puzzle ;) But it needs to be easily done, so that I can really get the videos out every week!

As I already touched on, there will be two types - videos of a whole game, perhaps if the game was particularly good, or really important (like the semi finals/final), and then the weekly highlights round up. This will ofc include less analysis and such, but you'll still see all the goals and big chances! I'm almost ready to show what I've worked on already from the test cup, and its quite exciting cos as I've gone through the 4 games, I've been able to make these videos faster and faster every time :P So keep posted!

Btw Mike, I'm calculating territory by using a simple chess clock (switching every time the ball crosses center line) then calculating a %, if you can do it more accurately and quickly, that would be great too.

Mike Nike

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 3:16 pm

well, how many games i would need to make stats of in how many days?
from ko games i can make all generated stats. from semi finals and final maybe even manual ones in addition.
group stages...not sure yet.

also: yesterday for example there were around 2 big press shots from own half which ended up with once a goal and once a pass to a goal, while in 0 cases me/my team made a prediction line ending up with a goal. so taking the small variance from yesterday, i would always need to drive the safety line, but since i'm still practicing and predicting better game by game, i'll prefer to still practice the less defensive lines.

eh, my question is: should we sum all shot types into 1 statistic or wouldnt you prefer to subgroup (a lot)? sidewallpressshots, double billard shots (those which tijny and fama can do so well - i should probably start to practice these^^), fast slidebrake-shots, diagonal shots, shots taken from pass (45-90 degree movement <- easy to fail with a "strange collision"), big press shots from own wall, counter attacks, bw-goals..

edit:
btw, 2 days ago we had a match (C.Monster, Badeend vs Tijny and me) 0-0 after 7 minutes :D (bit of a luck goal by T then)

funny though: before the game reached 10 minutes it was 1-3, game end: 22 minutes: 8-10.

Whiplash

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 4:05 pm

F***, Shuytun gave up due to some shitty obligations. I'm kinda busy most of the time now too, but I'm not going to disappoint Shyguy. The only problem I have is a team mate. I 'll play with anyone who's free. He can pick our team if he doesn't like Dinamo Zagreb.

Tijny

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 pm

Slow dribbling goals, fast dribbling goals, sniper shot goals, rebound goals, lucky collision goals, brute force goals, epic struggle goals, unmissable shots from on the goal line goals, agonizingly slow shots with no way of saving goals, waiting to make the defender look like a fool goals, unlucky own goals, stupid own goals, intentional own goals, cooperative own goals with no goal scorer, cannonball own goals from the other side, ...

Seems we will have more goal categories than goals!

edureirom

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 6:32 pm

shy where is roma kit?
btw mike improved total

i think me and mike could fight for best 2 team in the group......

shy how the draw will work?

edureirom

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 6:34 pm

shy where is cup test video final? fama for me is regreeting palo too

me mike nike can be in final......... tijny badeeed we will come to final.

Tijny

PostThu Sep 04, 2014 11:31 am

edureirom wrote:shy where is cup test video final?

Yeah shy, publish the video! Seems reirom wants to whack off to seeing himself win.
PreviousNext

Return to Competitions