It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 am

Punaball Records

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Mike Nike

Community User Level: 5

Punaball Records

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 3:11 am

This topic could be a place to store some interesting PB records or sort of recordish statistics...

Obviously i'm gonna start with something here:

new records on the LVP #3 PB Server:
1) a 65 minutes match (+- 3-5min of waiting for disconnected players)
2) 65 minutes with hardly any chatlines! how is that even possible, the REIROM in you might ask: we all were on Skype.
3) first 14 minutes without a goal (good job, we all) - i positioned bad at the goal there, damn me :D
4) first 21 minutes holding the 0 (good job, Fama, Palo) [also later during the game they kept their goal clean for another 21 minutes]

so, long time no goal, 20 minutes long only 1 goal...
then 4 goals within 2 minutes and basicly a turn around from 2-0 to 2-3 within 1 minute!
unfortunately followed by a 5-0 goal streak from 2-3 to 7-3 during 21 minutes. Looking good for Fama and Palo here...
followed by a 0-5 goal streak during 10 minutes :D (and 4 goals, 7-3 to 7-7 within 2 minutes!, so once again a quick turn-around rush)
2 quick goals in 1 minute now for Fama and Palo..9-8, looking good...
9-9 in minute 56 gives us hope to break the epic 60 minutes wall...
10-9 2 minutes later, but then a quick 2 goal rush for Mike and Stealth within 1 minute: 10-11, first time Fama and Palo are "maybe" forced to drive more safety lines than they might like.
lol, so instead of 99.9% crazy defence play, now it's 99.95%? i dunno...
65 minutes played, a bit of a lucky press shot with the wall finished the game, while Fama kinda almost finished the epic game with an honorable cannonball at 9-8.
Lot of good saves, only few beauty mistakes here and there in the defence and attack, but often enough the slightest mistake of a backupline or goal keeper positioning mistake led to a serious chance.
The later the game, it felt like the tougher it was to defend with the bw-block-slowdown and at least 2 times i probably should have chosen another way to clear the situation.
On the other hand, the bw-blocking saved a lot of 2vs1 attacks and those are usually often a goal if 2 pros attack.
I think im gonna watch the game again some time soon...and in case someone wants to see a DEF-war :D
here is the link to the video:

http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/video/ ... _match.tsr

Also, i might update this post with some excel stats of some somewhat interesting goal-statistics, which might improve peoples DEF game as well..

---------
summarize
---------

14 1-0 [fS]Palo
20 2-0 FaMarine
21 2-1 [x] Mike Nike
22 2-2 [x] Mike Nike
22 2-3 StealthBD
24 3-3 [fS]Palo (FaMarine)
28 4-3 [fS]Palo
32 5-3 [fS]Palo
40 6-3 [fS]Palo
43 7-3 FaMarine
43 7-4 StealthBD
44 7-5 StealthBD ([x] Mike Nike)
45 7-6 StealthBD
45 7-7 [x] Mike Nike
52 7-8 StealthBD ([x] Mike Nike)
53 8-8 FaMarine
53 9-8 [fS]Palo (FaMarine)
56 9-9 StealthBD ([x] Mike Nike)
58 10-9 FaMarine
60 10-10 [x] Mike Nike
60 10-11 StealthBD
65 10-12 [x] Mike Nike

----------
scores
----------

7+0 StealthBD
5+3 [x] Mike Nike
6+0 [fS]Palo
4+2 FaMarine

Tijny

Re: Punaball Records

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 10:10 am

:shock:

I would like a game like that, please!

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

Community User Level: 4

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 11:00 am

damn!

i believe the last record was a 38min game 2v2 from about 3-4 years ago
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

Badeend

Community User Level: 1

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 1:42 pm

awesome! :shock:

Mike Nike

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Also, i might update this post with some excel stats of some somewhat interesting goal-statistics, which might improve peoples DEF game as well..

im just gonna do a new post for this:
just completed the samplesize of 100 PB goals in order to study what causes goals in 2vs2 PB matches.
Because it is faster, i usually just took goals from the first minutes, usually.
Sometimes i took them from a whole game, sometimes i just took them from the goals i personally received (since i originally wanted to improve my own DEF game, it made sense to work on my own leaks).
Whatsoever, these stats might help anyone in his DEF game (and basicly ATT game as well), knowing what kind of goals usually happen.

samplesize taken from (goals caused "mainly" by:)
17,5 Mike Nike [biggest mistake: 5 times going 1in1 as goal keeper (GK) in avoidable situation -> resulting in 4 press shot goals; 1 missed ball as GK)
17 Reirom [biggest mistake: 5 times going 2in1 in DEF or ATT, instead of backing up in case of case; 3 missed balls as GK]
9,5 Luka Modric [biggest mistake: 3 times going 2in1 in DEF or ATT
8 Qri [2x missed as GK]
7 Jurgen-NL [2x 2in1 DEF corner]
7 Rub [2x missed as GK; 2x bad GK backupline]
6 C.Monster [1,5-2 x bad GK backupline]
5 Palo [2x 2in1 ATT corner]
4 Tijny
4 xzeal
3 Serif
2 Cavani
2 Fama
1,5 Hejman
1 Badeend
1 Jan
1 Lavon
1 pozdro600
1 Shyguy
1 StealthBD

note: some "mistakes" were probably just calculated risks, which turned out in a bad way. so: some of them maybe would have created in average more goals than receiving goals, so if i sometimes speak from mistakes here, i summarized mistakes and "what caused the goal".
especially those "almost goal chaos" scenes are creating often either a goal (x%) or you receive a counter attack goal in an empty goal or a 2vs1 attack goal (together y%), where x% might be > y%.

the goal types:
56 no GK (15 due to bad GK backupline, 15 due to 2in1 ATT/DEF, 7 times due missed balls from GK..)
10 press shot = when ball is between 2 cars, resulting into explosive speed of the ball (4 times in avoidable GK 1in1 situations, where the GK could have waited, cleared to the side or bw-block-slowdown)
9 aimshot (meaning, there is a goalkeeper being able to hold the ball with either good positioning and/or reaction)
8 2vs1 CA (counterattack)
5 press shot (luck) -> those which go over 1 wall or are so far away from goal (i dont mean 1car+1wall shots - these i might call "wall press shots" or "billard shots", dunno yet..., i always mean 2 cars involved)
5 OG (own goal)
2 blockshot vs ATT/CA/clear shot (luck) - the unpurposed circling attackers making a sideshot (yes, sometimes those sideshots are purpose, but these are seperated)
2 prediction shot (such as the advanced counter strategy vs cannonballs or vs "own-half wall-press-shot clear tries")
1 dribbling
1 dribbling (delay) (where defender tries a prediction clear/block, but the attack slows down and let the defender drive into nowhere)
1 sideblock shot (the blockshots vs clearshots, which are on purpose, are included here)

causes/mistake types:
23 GK backup line
14 GK missed
10 GK 1in1 avoidable
9 GK Positioning
7 2in1 DEF Corner
6 2in1 ATT Corner
4 Clear OG Wall wrong direction (OG Wall=own half wall)
4 Clear into shotline
3 Luck
2 "almost" goal chaos CA
2 2vs1 CA due ATT fail
2 2vs1 CA due ATT risky pass
2 DEF risky OG line
2 GK PS Angle (PS=press shot) (yeah, ive done a lot of bad angled press shots)
1 2in1 ATT Corner/LAG
1 2in1 ATT Midfield
1 2vs1 CA due ATT miss
1 Clear into drivingline
1 Clear into shotline or steerline
1 GK PS Angle/LAG
1 key problems/low attention (fk my laptop :D, always have to push FN+F11 to be able to chat and do it again to switch back to be able to have full steer functionality again)
1 "failed prediction shot" CA
1 prediction shot line miscalc. CA (often people try a prediction shot here in front of goal and end up driving into the opponents goal, creating a dangerous 2vs1 CA)
1 DEF PS Angle/ Kickoff DEF positioning

weirdly i havent an entry of "caused by: weird collision" yet, probably because they were scored later in the game. there were some of them..

Tijny

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Mike Nike wrote:...
4 Tijny
4 xzeal

wtf mike... i am better than xzeal........ i beat xzeal easy.....

respect me man..... dont write shit stats about me.... tsc tsc...

Mike Nike

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 2:37 pm

^^
that reminds me of a good laugh: after the game, Stealth in Skype said something like: "soo...what now? wanna switch team or....?"
Palo (not able to speak -> no microhpone) in chat:
Message: <[fS]Palo> yeah sure another 65 minute game now? are u crazy

im currently counting the 1vs1 and 2vs1 "bw"-blocks in the 65min game and the goaltypes/causes..

i doubt though that im able to heatmap/excelstats this game with my tool, due to low discspace available.

edit:
the bw-DEF stats:

GK DEF bw slowdown to get backup or just backup to avoid goal, 1vs1 and 2vs1 (succ.= 0,5 means, it failed in a way that attacker got a somewhat solid +-50%ish chance to make a goal, but failed using it)

PF=Palo behind, Fama in front, succ=successrate,goalposs=goal possibility, am.=amount

ATT DEF am. succ. goals succ% goals% goalposs%
P M 2,5 2,5 100 0 0
F M 7,5 7,5 100 0 0
PF M 6 5 1 83,3 16,7 16,7 note: actually Mike blocked Fama, he then shot in direction which wouldnt have been goal, but it was like a pass to Palo on accident, who shot the goal, but wouldnt have if S woulda driven BUL in front of him and bw DEF
FP M 3 3 100 0 0
P S 2 2 100 0 0
F S 1,5 1,5 100 0 0
PF S 0 0
FP S 0 0
M P 1 1 100 0 0
S P 7 5,5 1 78,6 14,3 21,4
MS P 1 1 100 0 0
SM P 0 0
M F 2 1,5 75 0 25
S F 2 2 100 0 0
MS F 0 0
SM F 0 0
SUM M 19 18 94,7 0 5,3
SUM S 3,5 3,5 100 0 0
SUM P 9 7,5 83,3 0 16,7
SUM F 4 3,5 87,5 0 12,5
SUM 35,5 32,5 2 91,5 5,6 8,5

so what we got here?
1) amount Mike 19: either Mike has a tendency to bw-DEF a lot…OR Stealth just attacked more than Mike and caused more situation where Mike had to defend
2) amount Fama 4: either Fama has a tendency to avoid a lot of bw-DEF or he just attacked a lot or Palo just attacked in a way that Fama didnt have to defend a lot "bw"
3) amount 2vs1 bw situations: Mike 9, Stealth 0, Palo 1, Fama 0 -> so either Stealth did a lot of attack fails resulting into Mike needing to save the situation, while all others usually didnt do that or just backed up fast enough…or: Mike just has a tendency to avoid clearing the ball in 2vs1 situations to the side or with a frontal or slight angled press shot, meaning: he likes to bw-DEF a lot to slowdown the attack in order to give Stealth time to backup
4) amount 1vs1 bw situations: Mike 10, Stealth 3,5, Palo 8, Fama 4 -> looks like probably Palo and Mike have the tendency to backup a lot "bw" in 1vs1 situations
5) all in all, remembering all the scenes, everyone seemed to have a very solid bw-DEF

Luka

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 5:44 pm

Today me and Palo have ~35min game :D seems Palo likes long game :D

Mike Nike

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 6:20 pm

1vs1 35min? or 2vs2 game?

well, here the goals of the 65min game:
hmm, i might just have to make an html for that later...bad to read like this...

edit: the html:

http://mikenike.pf-control.de/ts/stats/ ... ingame.htm

nr of goal / reason for goal / mistake type caused by category 1 category 2 category 3 goaltype

Code: Select all
1      GK missed   Mike Nike   GK   mainly bad GK positioning offered chance to dribble left, right or billard self pass left with wall      dribbling
2      GK missed   StealthBD   GK   semi 2vs1 DEF situation      no GK
3      GK backup line   Fama   GK   bad backup line      no GK
4      GK Positioning   Palo   GK   bad goal keeper positioning      no GK
5      GK backup line   Fama   GK   bad backup line      no GK
6      ?         couldnt figure out yet, what caused the goal, maybe Stealth' suboptimal DEF line and i coulda probably tried to backbounce at OG-wall instead of backbounce into goal when trying to frontal push Fama bw onto Palo: i didnt expect that both their power would that easily push me bw into goal      
7      GK backup line   StealthBD   GK   tough BUL failed, probably had to "bw" DEF instead as safety line vs possible backbounce shot (i think Mike cleared vs shot, backbounce shot then came into his back or something, somewhat tough to predict in the speed of the action)      no GK
8      GK backup line   StealthBD   GK   bad backup line or avoidable try to go as GK into a 1vs1 situation (failed though, since his circle ended up, being outplayed: ball was shot behind his back)      no GK
9      GK backup line   StealthBD   GK   bad backup line (circling caused the ball passed behind his back, again -> which left the goal 50%+ empty, Mike hurrying from the back)      aimshot
10      GK backup line   StealthBD   GK   bad backup line (circling again, so the ball passed him behind his back)      no GK
11      2in1 ATT Midfield   Fama   ATT   midfield 2 in1   instead safety backup line   no GK
12      GK missed   Fama   GK   tried to prediction block vs aimshot   missed (the semi tough block)   aimshot
13      DEF risky OG line   Palo   DEF   considering the situation though the risk was low and the goal way more luck than Palos fault      OG (luck)
14      GK missed   Fama   ATT   missed ball, trying to avoid press shot as GK in midfield, attacking, trying to pass/steer ball around midfield DEF by very slight touch (ending up in a slight "wind"/"draft"-ball, very soon caught be opponent)      no GK
15      GK 1in1 avoidable   Fama   ATT   Fama as GK skipped a defensive safetyline, by trying to circle around Mike in order to reach the ball (located behind Mike) to attack, leaving his (Famas) side "sidepushable" - Mike took the opportunity and sidebumped him 1..2..3 times or so, Stealth luckily had a distance advantage vs Palo, so he could score into the empty goal      no GK
16      GK missed   StealthBD   GK   bit bad GK positioning; then somewhat dangerous spot (typical for when Stealth would say "careful!" ^^) where he missed to prediction block vs Famas dribble      dribbling
17      GK backup line   StealthBD   GK/DEF   Mike bw DEFing vs Fama, resulting in an accident pass to Palo (the pass wouldnt have gone into goal), who then shot the goal -> Stealth could have driven in front of Palo before the pass in that spot, but has chosen to backupline to goal first, before steering to the middle. Probably Mike should have kept driving straight to owngoal or maybe slight right instead of slight left steering, which caused the pass to the slight right located Palo in the slight back of Fama [goaltype: mix of "no GK" and "2vs1 CA"]      2vs1 CA
18      "unreached volleyshot" CA   Fama   ATT   missed ball, hoping for the volley shot opportunity (somewhat early seen, but distance to ball was slight too far away) on currently empty goal, "hoping" to reach the "maybe" reachable ball, certainly understandable/reasonable try, probably worth the risk   ending up in CA on empty goal   no GK
19      GK backup line   StealthBD   GK/DEF   missed DEF prediction, then panic backupline suboptimal -> goal came in his back (before that: mike got pushed in 2vs1 situation)      no GK
20      GK 1in1 avoidable   Fama   GK   Fama took the low risk of a PS in the midfield as GK, with Palo about to backup 75%+ of goal in case of unlucky wallbounce CA opportunity; unfortunately the low risk happened and Mike fullspeed drive to shoot into the small leak of the goal to hit      
21      GK missed   Palo   GK   Fama did a huge miss in the DEF, failing to clear the ball, which gave Stealth the opportunity to react quick and dribble around Palo or aimshot to the inner corner of the goal as self billard bass to himself, who needed a fast reaction as "bw" defender in this situation      aimshot
22      GK PS Angle   Palo   GK   Fama could have skipped slowing down at his BUL (backupline) to reduce % of possible press shot going into partial empty goal (even without the slowdown, the goal would have likely fallen, it looked like); Palo though could have skipped to risk a press shot in an angle, which could cause a goal, while team mate didnt backup goal yet ...and/or slowdown the action instead of fullspeeding into the press shot      press shot
Last edited by Mike Nike on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luka

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 7:06 pm

2vs2

shyguy1001

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 9:24 pm

Tomorow I have the night off work, so I'm going to write up on here my analysis of every PCL game so far. There's some interesting findings! Basically I counted certain offensive and certain defensive moves (all the important ones), and then gave each player a "defensive score", "offensive score" and "overall score". There are some fascinating results! Now I'm just putting it into graphics before overlaying it on the videos. But I may post it on here in raw text form, if people are interested by that? Or I could link to my spreadsheet..
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

Tijny

PostMon Nov 03, 2014 5:49 pm

so, last night we also played a nice long match, me and palo beating mike and fama 10-7 in 37 minutes. because i was going for a marathon game, i took 37.21-37.63% less risks than normal, even skipping a number of pressshottries i would usually go for^^, also because my finger temperature was slightly below average. in the beginning of the match we kept our goal clean for a period of 19 minutes, where 23-25 minutes woulda been possible if my chair had been set to the perfect pb height and/or the brightness of my monitor was not still optimized for programming. after this, though, we made a few defensive mistakes, which might be maybe caused by loss of concentration, but maybe also by something else, and they scored 3 goals in 2 minutes... analyzing these goals, two of them were caused by skipping the safe backup line, which is not the thing to do in a marathon game^^. near the end of the match goals started falling more quickly, which was a shame, but i don't think we woulda reached 65 minutes anyway.

Mike Nike

PostMon Nov 03, 2014 11:21 pm

Tijny wrote:mikeish stats bla bla talk

whahahahaa, nice one! :)
few beauty mistakes, but veeery solid ^^

yeah, after first few goals it looked like a possible 60min game, later on..for a long time, it looked like it will be a 50min one. still nice though :)

Return to Competitions