It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:40 am

F1 Fairplay Server

Discussion related to Turbo Sliders and beta version feedback.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: Where has????

PostTue Oct 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Tijny wrote:Downloading the track pack is broken right now, and I will think of a way to fix that.

Maybe it will be easy for you to do the same thing for FC tracks once you decide to deal with that. Thanks anyway.

Jurgen-NL

Community User Level: 4

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 10:15 am

i suggest the default number laps at 11

also if the server quits the race by default or idle laps, this setting should be set to 1:15 or 1:30min i think its on 60sec

for the rest the server is great thanks Tijny
Dont beg for things do it yourself or else you wont get anything!!

GR8Arjen

Community User Level: 3

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 12:22 pm

Jurgen-NL wrote:i suggest the default number laps at 11

I personally think 11 laps for default is too much.

Even with 8 laps I always notice people joining and immediately leaving again because they don't have the patience to wait till next race.
Ofc, when a race is about to start and there new people joining I often ask the others if there ok with me skipping the race so the new players can join, but that ofc depends on how many people are already on the grid and how serious the battle for the cup is. (So that is not always an option)

Having "shorter" (8lap) races to get the servers full will work much better.
Once there a nice amount of people in, then manually setting it to /laps 11 is not that big of a hassle imo.

Also if the server quits the race by default or idle laps, this setting should be set to 1:15 or 1:30min i think its on 60sec

Agreed!

A small suggestion of mine regarding the track pack:

Is it possible to have an admin command that displays the link to the Track pack? (Something like: Command: /TP "Please download the F1-track pack here: http://www.turbosliders.com/download/tr ... track-pack" )
I know the link is already shown together with the track name etc of each new race, but it seems that many many people are overlooking it. (Especially when chat is very active)

Having a command for it, which we can use when we want to point out the track pack to new players will make certain it is noticed by them.

Tijny

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 2:06 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:
Also if the server quits the race by default or idle laps, this setting should be set to 1:15 or 1:30min i think its on 60sec

Agreed!
I know for a fact that I set that to 80 seconds, apparently I didn't commit the changes or something... anyway, should be fixed after the next server restart.

GR8Arjen wrote:A small suggestion of mine regarding the track pack:

Is it possible to have an admin command that displays the link to the Track pack? (Something like: Command: /TP "Please download the F1-track pack here: http://www.turbosliders.com/download/tr ... track-pack" )
I know the link is already shown together with the track name etc of each new race, but it seems that many many people are overlooking it. (Especially when chat is very active)

Having a command for it, which we can use when we want to point out the track pack to new players will make certain it is noticed by them.
Yes, there could be a /source for it, but that's assuming the download link works, which it currently doesn't. I will try to make it work at some point... and once that's done, doing the same thing for FC tracks should be easy.

GR8Arjen

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Thank you Tijny!

Btw, can someone move this entire discussion/thread to the F1 Fairplay server topic: (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3088) Thanks in advance!

Whiplash

PostWed Oct 21, 2015 8:05 pm

It is not helpful to see you showing: Ey, download full track pack at: http://dfjhskdbslefiszufhalsdijslčdkfhačsgdbčakhsčdasj.
I know how big troubles I had when I tried to retype that shit in my url box. Since there is no copy/paste option, don't expect anyone to use pencil and paper there.

That admin message just needs to be changed to: download full track pack at: www.turbosliders.com
That already worked nicely when I was helping to other players.

Jurgen-NL

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 6:46 am

Whiplash wrote:It is not helpful to see you showing: Ey, download full track pack at: http://dfjhskdbslefiszufhalsdijslčdkfhačsgdbčakhsčdasj.
I know how big troubles I had when I tried to retype that shit in my url box. Since there is no copy/paste option, don't expect anyone to use pencil and paper there.

That admin message just needs to be changed to: download full track pack at: http://www.turbosliders.com

Are you on drugs?

Also i agree with people not having the patience but that even happens to me when i got 2 laps left to drive :p
seems i was in the assumption that i have heard no complaints about 11 laps that it was ok to suggest :) anyway no problem we can still do it manually :)
it just gives some more strategy having to pit at least twice and a better chance to comeback ;)

GR8Arjen

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Whiplash wrote:It is not helpful to see you showing: Ey, download full track pack at: http://dfjhskdbslefiszufhalsdijslčdkfhačsgdbčakhsčdasj.

That admin message just needs to be changed to: download full track pack at: http://www.turbosliders.com

Your missing my point. ;)

The current admin message that shows automatically each race is often overlooked. I am asking for a command we admins can use manually: /TP So every time a new player that has transfers joins the server, we simply type /TP to show the information again, so we don't have to type it out every time. (Regardless it's contents)
Typing /TP instead of the entire message is much easier for us.

Jurgen-NL wrote:Also i agree with people not having the patience but that even happens to me when i got 2 laps left to drive :p seems i was in the assumption that i have heard no complaints about 11 laps that it was ok to suggest :) anyway no problem we can still do it manually :)
it just gives some more strategy having to pit at least twice and a better chance to comeback ;)

Oh I agree, 11 laps races are indeed fun, and people do seem to like it quite a lot. But yeah, the wait is already too long for some and this problem will only increase when we add more laps. (Once the server has a decent amount of players in, people tend to have more patience to join in on the fun, so doing it manually is a good solution)

Whiplash

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 1:48 pm

GR8Arjen wrote:Your missing my point. ;)

The current admin message that shows automatically each race is often overlooked. I am asking for a command we admins can use manually: /TP So every time a new player that has transfers joins the server, we simply type /TP to show the information again, so we don't have to type it out every time. (Regardless it's contents)
Typing /TP instead of the entire message is much easier for us

Yes, I know what you're saying. My experience is just that they see the url, but they're too bored to remember it and type it to url box. They should be able to easily remember it and type it to their browser whenever they want, without even joining the server again to read it. If the url is: www.turblosliders.com, they will say: "Ah, that's obviously the official website. I'll have in mind to visit it next time before I come here. Or, wait, let me join that site right now."
In your case, they will say: "Sure, Arjen, I see your message - but, mang, I have no nerves to type that shit in my browser. I'll do it sometimes later." Then, once they're out of the game, they 'll say: "Ok, let me download that track pack. Argh, I forgot the link. f*** it."
The point is: url needs to be simple, no matter how you decide to present it.

Tijny

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 2:42 pm

I thought the URL was pretty simple. Unless of course you have the short-term memory of a goldfish.

GR8Arjen

PostThu Oct 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Well indeed, the URL needs to be simple, (not like the old lvp one)

So let's use something like this for the /TP command:
"Please download the F1-track pack at: http://www.turbosliders.com (download/tracks section.)"

Link is simple, all information is there, and with the command for us admins we can spam it whenever needed so we never have to type it out anymore and were sure it's never overlooked.

Everybody happy! 8)

GR8Arjen

PostFri Oct 23, 2015 12:27 am

GR8Arjen wrote:Btw, can someone move this entire discussion/thread to the F1 Fairplay server topic: (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3088) Thanks in advance!

I would do it myself if I could, the Forum is messy as it is already!

Whiplash

Re: F1 Fairplay Server

PostSat Oct 24, 2015 3:31 pm

OK, done. Next time try at least give it a better name. :P

Tijny

PostTue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 am

So I thought a bit about it and I couldn't think of a way to make a dynamic track pack downloader - the LVP server does have a webserver but I have no access to that. Instead, a static version of the F1 track pack can be found HERE. I manually made a zip file of the track folder, so this is not going to be updated automagically whenever someone adds new tracks.

I also did this for the Full Contact track pack, which can be found HERE.

The perfectionist in me is not quite happy with this solution, but looking at it realistically, it's more than good enough. I will see if I can update the links on the website and also add the Full Contact track pack. --Edit: done.

Jurgen-NL

PostSat Nov 14, 2015 10:08 pm

can we get JC qoutes for fairplay on this server i think it would help if at every race we see a random fairplay rule this way it doesnt need to be explained for every new player and maybe we can get the fairness more back instead of the mayhem we have in this age
Previous

Return to General Discussion