Full Contact Championship #2

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Whiplash
Community User Level: 5

Re: Full Contact Championship #2

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:16 am

Keppana wrote:- Top 5 of both group players go to the final, top 10 from the Division 2
It depends on overall number of players. We aim both Division 2 and Division 1 cups to be full grid.
Keppana wrote:- 4 laps in the final instead to 3 laps, 20 players with this car is just pure randomness in most of the tight tracks.
I'm not sure if lap number would change things. It could just make it more complicated. Most of the players are used to 3 laps. They will be just out of rhythm if we add 1 extra lap. I would always stop playing after 3 laps thinking the race is over. :) Maybe we could think about different starting order logic. I just don't want other people to complain.
Keppana wrote:- The tournament could start earlier. It was around 1:50 AM when the cup ended and i must be awake on the morning at 7:30 AM.
It is really hard for me to organize things before 22:00 GMT. We could only think about some other day. I believe that Friday and Saturday wouldn't be good days for most of the other players.

Feoli7

Post by Feoli7 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:49 am

I finished in 15-Feoli7 in Group A ( before 16-marquez tre and 17-sanbaldo ), but Div2 the server was 20/20 , so i went as a spectator ( :idea: Div2 should be preferred position)
I hurt it :x , so request my inclusion as 28 position :?
FEOLI 7 IS COMING ...

sanbaldo

Post by sanbaldo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:38 am

This game hurts. I started always as last on the grid and I arrived always as last.
On the first turn I've been always pushed away, on the second again pushed away, on the third again.. after 20 seconds I was always the last one (more or less).

It's so frustrating :(

Hevonen
Community User Level: 2

Post by Hevonen » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:38 am

sanbaldo wrote:This game hurts. I started always as last on the grid and I arrived always as last.
On the first turn I've been always pushed away, on the second again pushed away, on the third again.. after 20 seconds I was always the last one (more or less).

Hmm cup leader always starts last and so on? It's reversed cup order.

This happens to all of us, but good players can learn to avoid some or most of it. Just practice. I was very lucky in some races and very unlucky in others. Sometimes though you drive "perfectly" but others make mistakes and you suffer and there's nothing you can do about it.

I agree with Keppana about more passing from groups (but that's what I said all last cup so).. And starting time too. Some other day is fine for me if that's what you decide. I like 3 laps and this start order.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:11 am

Feoli7 wrote:I finished in 15-Feoli7 in Group A ( before 16-marquez tre and 17-sanbaldo ), but Div2 the server was 20/20 , so i went as a spectator ( :idea: Div2 should be preferred position)
I hurt it :x , so request my inclusion as 28 position :?
Oh, I see. You had the same problem as Papi. This is what happened:
At the beginning I saw there is 26 players overall and I decided to set up game for those 26 players. But in the meanwhile (while I was setting up server for group B), 2 more players showed up. We can't know exactly who those players were. In the end, I can say that it was my mistake - so, sorry. It would be better if I set up the game for 28 players so we could have 2 spots free in case that some new players show up. Next time I will avoid such situation by leaving few free spots in Division 2; we will let more players to qualify trough the groups. For this cup, I will give you as same number of points as Papi earned, because he was in the same situation and still played.
sanbaldo wrote:This game hurts. I started always as last on the grid and I arrived always as last.

Hah, yes sanbaldo - that's why it's called Full Contact. People have no remorse and you need to survive their attacks. To get better, you should practice by playing more often in FC server. Sooner or later your skill will improve and you will be able to avoid attacks and learn how to block other players so that they can't overtake you. :wink: Also, you need to learn how to be faster, so you can catch up other players easier. Sometimes, even for the pro players, races can be frustrating, but they always find a way how to be on the top.
I suggest you to analyze VIDEOS and see how the best players are driving. And don't worry about other players' complains; they just thought you're driving backwards on purpose.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:39 am

So, what other day would you like? Saturday, Friday?

Azev

Post by Azev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:04 am

Whiplash wrote:So, what other day would you like? Saturday, Friday?
How about... Sunday? :idea:

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 am

Lol? 5 guys with 144? Will champ! Whip you have replay?

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:56 am

Oompa wrote:Lol? 5 guys with 144? Will champ! Whip you have replay?
You can see the link for videos on FCC page.

Kid Masters
Community User Level: 1

Post by Kid Masters » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 pm

f*** that shit, why only 18 player in div 1? I was 15 in Div 2, maybe i could have partecipate too???

I prefer 22 cet. (21gmt I think?) on sunday.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:40 pm

Kid Masters wrote:f*** that shit, why only 18 player in div 1? I was 15 in Div 2, maybe i could have partecipate too???
No, it was 20 players in Division 1. Mamma Nera and bohun just didn't finish the whole cup, so it was 18 players in last few races. I couldn't allow you to join at that time.

Carlos Sainz Jr

Post by Carlos Sainz Jr » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:06 pm

I told something like five times that we were more than 26, but Whippe doesn't mind lol. By the way just just stay this on Sunday but an hour earlier, I think that would be perfect. Oh, what about a +1 for those that qualify from group stage to Div 1 directly? :D

Alexander Wurz

Post by Alexander Wurz » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:09 pm

It's Mamma Nera here, agree with Sainz regarding the hour earlier. I think 21 GMT it's perfect for everybody.

And I also think that those who qualify directly to Div1 should get bonus points. Maybe, in the case of yesterday, a 3-2-1 bonus?

Azev

Post by Azev » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:I told something like five times that we were more than 26, but Whippe doesn't mind lol. By the way just just stay this on Sunday but an hour earlier, I think that would be perfect. Oh, what about a +1 for those that qualify from group stage to Div 1 directly? :D
Yes you did warn Whip several times, but with so many people talking it's hard to pay attention...

Sunday an hour earlier would be perfect! :D

Will

Post by Will » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Whiplash wrote:So, what other day would you like? Saturday, Friday?
I think sunday night is the best time. I believe some of the guys wont be able to play friday or saturday nights, probably having fun somewhere else... except me... I'm married... f***

:lol:

Feoli7

Post by Feoli7 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:13 pm

Thanks Whip. :D

Follow image epic 1 round
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FEOLI 7 IS COMING ...

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:13 pm

Azev wrote:
Carlos Sainz Jr wrote:I told something like five times that we were more than 26, but Whippe doesn't mind lol. By the way just just stay this on Sunday but an hour earlier, I think that would be perfect. Oh, what about a +1 for those that qualify from group stage to Div 1 directly? :D
Yes you did warn Whip several times, but with so many people talking it's hard to pay attention...
I guess so. :x And grrr, ok I'll set it up an hour earlier, even it's not the best time for me. :wink:
Hah, Feoli7, I somehow forgot about that shit. :lol:

Keppana
Community User Level: 3
Community User Level: 3

Post by Keppana » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:55 pm

Vote for Friday/Saturday and one hour earlier. I woke up on "morning" two hours late anyway, and the cup was on my mind like half of the day. Saturday could be optimal, then you have one day to digest the thoughts hence the cup is intensive, without stress to wake up early on morning.

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:07 am

Grr, I'm really sorry, but I had to change the clock back to 22:00 GMT. It's just impossible for me to do it earlier. So, I can change the day, but I can't change the hour.
So, let's say that these are the options:
Sunday 22:00 GMT
Saturday 22:00 GMT

Azev

Post by Azev » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:12 am

Whiplash wrote:Grr, I'm really sorry, but I had to change the clock back to 22:00 GMT. It's just impossible for me to do it earlier. So, I can change the day, but I can't change the hour.
So, let's say that these are the options:
Sunday 22:00 GMT
Saturday 22:00 GMT
Saturday night fever not compatible with FCC... :mrgreen:

Oompa

Post by Oompa » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:50 pm

I will be there! Unless some social thing or my cough wont let up. I will be all over Azev!

Enrico Papi

Post by Enrico Papi » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:31 pm

I prefer on sunday

max tre

Post by max tre » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:35 pm

sanbaldo wrote:On the first turn I've been always pushed away, on the second again pushed away, on the third again.. after 20 seconds I was always the last one (more or less).

bite the bullet and try again, sooner or later you'll improve yourself
(or maybe you're gonna be the eternal sparring partner i am 8))
Feoli7 wrote:Follow image epic 1 round
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a picture is worth a thousand words :D
the breathtaking part for me was that this jumble stopped me when i needed a single cross, then i heard some shitalians shouting "i went through, i did it!", thus they unintentionally tricked me into thinking they got the top places when they were actually lapped...

about another track (the foxcoastline one, should it ever appear again), keep an eye out for turn #2: gate #5 is bad marked, then if you run wide in the grass your lap won't be counted :(

back to the date/time of next cups: most of us are some kind of night owls, but someone is not
if 22:00 CET (21:00 GMT) suits everyone but you (@whiplash), can we find a way to race groups whitout you? then, if you are in time for div2 you'll race there, otherwise we'll leave a div1-spot for you (i mean, everyone knows you'll qualify for it -one way or the other-, then i hope nobody will complain about it...)
i know racing is funnier than just taking points, but i also understand that ending at 02:00 EET (hope we have no one from russia!) is too late and that 01:00 CET as well could be problematic for someone...
just tryin' to devise a compromise, if there's no way to find it... well, friday/saturday are probably out of question, then i am for the status quo

and, uhmm, in the subscribed-players-list i see "22. Carlos Sainz" and "39. Mika Kallio"
they are the very same person, anyway i have another pizza eater who'd like to join, therefore you can just edit "22. Carlos Sainz" to "22. Robin" :mrgreen:

Whiplash

Post by Whiplash » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:02 pm

max tre wrote:...if 22:00 CET (21:00 GMT) suits everyone but you (@whiplash), can we find a way to race groups whitout you? then, if you are in time for div2 you'll race there, otherwise we'll leave a div1-spot for you...
Hmm, I don't have a problem with that. But I don't see anyone being able to do that job. It could be tricky to handle all the sources if admin don't have experience with them.

Azev

Post by Azev » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:08 pm

Oompa wrote:I will be there! Unless some social thing or my cough wont let up. I will be all over Azev!
No, no, no, no, no! :cry: