It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:14 am

"Could not initialize race" error - can anyone help?

Here you can post track-related information.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

WinstonCup426

"Could not initialize race" error - can anyone help?

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 am

Hi all. I made a track in IziEditor just today (my sixth one) and got the "Could not initialize race - track file may be broken" error. I double-checked the tiles and fixed a few issues with them (but I also can't imagine they'd be the problem anyway, otherwise IziEditor wouldn't have accepted them). Patched up the track's pat file in Photoshop to make sure there wasn't any simple black, but the error persisted.

Has anyone else encountered this and fixed it? What ended up being the issue?

In case anyone wants to dissect the relevant files to try and find something I may have missed, here's a download link. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Community User Level: 5

Re: "Could not initialize race" error - can anyone help?

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 11:08 am

Hey - I looked at your files and it seems that Turbo Sliders does not support the image format that "springspatch.png" is saved with, and apparently my editor does. (Windows Photo Viewer cannot open it either)
I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with the file, but you could try saving it with a different color profile.

WinstonCup426

Re: "Could not initialize race" error - can anyone help?

PostThu Sep 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Tijny wrote:Hey - I looked at your files and it seems that Turbo Sliders does not support the image format that "springspatch.png" is saved with, and apparently my editor does. (Windows Photo Viewer cannot open it either)
I'm not sure exactly what's wrong with the file, but you could try saving it with a different color profile.

I double-checked that file, and it was in fact the issue! I seem to have accidentally saved it as a PSD while giving it the .png extension (when I opened it in GIMP the layers were intact), so once I saved it properly, the track loaded up. Thank you so much!

Return to Tracks