It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:55 am

What do you want to see changed?

Talk about your ideas, rants, raves, technical issues, and problems.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Are you happy with the Forum?

Yes
47%
No
41%
Undecided
9%
Other
3%

Total votes : 32

• Author

Flexman

Community User Level: 2

PostThu Mar 09, 2006 10:11 pm

The Dude wrote:It is really good that you now have picture recognision when you post here.
But why do you have it when a user edit his/her message.
You already had to go through it once so the probability for that beeing missused is infinitesimal small.

It is there, yes. But if you are logged in you can also post without entering the letters. ;)

dby

PostFri Mar 10, 2006 3:28 pm

How about a chit-chat section where we can post non-ts stuff, like funny videos or whatever?

Creator

PostSat Mar 11, 2006 9:59 pm

dby wrote:How about a chit-chat section where we can post non-ts stuff, like funny videos or whatever?

Sure... I have nothing against it. The TS forums should be used for TS related discussion (since that's what people come here for). However many people here know each other pretty well and possibly want to talk about other things in life too... so we should add a general discussion area that is open for all types of discussion. Hatu?

Mouse

Community User Level: 5

PostSat Mar 11, 2006 10:13 pm

Thats not a bad idea. Indeed i know many people who i chat with, not about TS all the time either.

Hatu

Community User Level: 1

PostMon Mar 13, 2006 8:48 pm

Creator wrote:
dby wrote:How about a chit-chat section where we can post non-ts stuff, like funny videos or whatever?

Sure... I have nothing against it. The TS forums should be used for TS related discussion (since that's what people come here for). However many people here know each other pretty well and possibly want to talk about other things in life too... so we should add a general discussion area that is open for all types of discussion. Hatu?

Off-topic chat, off-topic images, and the ad rack forums have been added into the "other" forum category. enjoy :)
Jollygood Games Community Manager - http://www.jollygoodgames.com

wazaari

Community User Level: 3

PostThu Apr 27, 2006 1:04 pm

Hatu: u ve been really usefull!!!
Now comunity is increased a lot :lol:

dede

PostThu Apr 27, 2006 3:24 pm

Ippon-wazaari wrote:Hatu: u ve been really usefull!!!
Now comunity is increased a lot :lol:

Maybe he is just setting up a new, oh no no... an official website for TS.

wazaari

PostThu Apr 27, 2006 7:00 pm

The only thing he should do is increasing our comunity!!!

Flexman

PostThu Apr 27, 2006 9:31 pm

dede wrote:Maybe he is just setting up a new, oh no no... an official website for TS.

When should it be finished? In 2012?

And you really think that increases community??

All the game needs is a better demo mode. Nothing else. Everyone I showed this game did not consider playing it because of the three track limit und because of the missing online opponents.

It would really be a big help if some of the guys involved in marketing and programming the game is a player of it. But since no one of the involved persons actually is a player of this game it's no wonder that they do not see the problems.

Hatu

PostSun Apr 30, 2006 5:56 pm

Flexman wrote:
dede wrote:Maybe he is just setting up a new, oh no no... an official website for TS.

When should it be finished? In 2012?

And you really think that increases community??

All the game needs is a better demo mode. Nothing else. Everyone I showed this game did not consider playing it because of the three track limit und because of the missing online opponents.

It would really be a big help if some of the guys involved in marketing and programming the game is a player of it. But since no one of the involved persons actually is a player of this game it's no wonder that they do not see the problems.

I have noticed this a lot from several people. One of my main jobs is to bring more people to this website/forum/and TS itself. Unfortunately, I don't think making a "TS HQ" for instance will increase the community. At least not to the numbers I am hoping to, and expecting to achieve here.

I have asked alot of players what they think should be altered to give us a bonus in membership to the forum and an increased number of visitors to the website. Most wind up at the same statement....
We need a better demo mode, more options and less limits

Essentially......
I will admit i am not a player of the game but i do have a full version and i have played it before. So i understand why you may think that employees of JG do not understand or can't relate to you or other players. I am really trying to push to get programmers to enhance the demo mode so I will be giving updates here on that effort. But, for now I can't do much. As of a month ago, all the programmers were busy making new games, they may be more available since its been a month. I am not sure right now. I will check up on that for you and see if I can get the demo adjusted. If it becomes to where it can't be done I'll see if Ande and I can get together and work on doing it ourselves. I am head of marketing but I don't have any control over programming.. :(

Mouse

PostSun Apr 30, 2006 11:52 pm

TS HQ = www.ts-central.net - i hope you guys have seen it.

Hatu

PostMon May 01, 2006 3:30 am

Mouse wrote:TS HQ = www.ts-central.net - i hope you guys have seen it.

yes. great site. ill take some credit for it :)
Last edited by Hatu on Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dby

PostMon May 01, 2006 1:36 pm

Here's one thing that is really easy to fix:

The "Links" page (http://www.jollygoodgames.com/turbosliders/links.htm) is out of date, and have been for a very long time. Something like 60% of the links are dead or lead to a very old, no longer updated page. And a lot of good sites are missing, like ts-central. The "Post your new tracks here" thread is a good place to find active sites. Or start a new topic to collect all the ts related sites. I suggested this a long time ago, but not much happened.

This really gives the impression that the game is dead.

maianpata

PostMon Oct 22, 2007 6:47 pm

I think that the game price is to high. If you'd lower the price then more people would buy the license and see how good this game is. The demo doesn't show how good this game really is. But the reality is that the price can not be lowered( it would be unfair with the ones who have already bought the game) and the meaning of the demo is that it is small. thats why it's called demo. I personally downloaded the demo, I sowed that it is a good game and then downloaded from the emule the full version . played couple of weeks and then got bored. and problem with the illegal copy is that with that you can't create AI drivers and you cant play online. But in the present future I'll probably not buy the game, unfortunately I don't play the game anymore, at the time.

Mouse

PostMon Oct 22, 2007 10:36 pm

maianpata wrote:I think that the game price is to high. If you'd lower the price then more people would buy the license and see how good this game is. The demo doesn't show how good this game really is. But the reality is that the price can not be lowered( it would be unfair with the ones who have already bought the game) and the meaning of the demo is that it is small. thats why it's called demo. I personally downloaded the demo, I sowed that it is a good game and then downloaded from the emule the full version . played couple of weeks and then got bored. and problem with the illegal copy is that with that you can't create AI drivers and you cant play online. But in the present future I'll probably not buy the game, unfortunately I don't play the game anymore, at the time.

I don't know if so many would mind. If lowering price makes for more players... than our current people will enjoy the full servers.

Hard to judge a game when you have not played it online. Normally servers are not full, but currently many people are making leagues, which do fill up and make for great fun.

dede

PostTue Oct 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Yeah, Mouse is right. You can't judge this game until you try the full version (online). So, after all, demo players can't judge this game at all, that's why they don't buy.

Now I have to admit I would've payed even 100€ for TS (I played this game for 2 years so far, so much fun etc.. I've never enjoyed any other game like this). When I bought, 10€ sounded ok and fair, though there were full demo servers and much fun online. I wonder what's the attraction for newbies now, since demo servers are empty and the game still doesn't show anything to newbies.

mikko

PostTue Oct 23, 2007 6:54 pm

dede wrote:Now I have to admit I would've payed even 100€ for TS

Yeah, me too and probably much more as this game was likely to save me from a beginning burn-out in spring 2005. TS has brought me so much joy, even though I apparently play much less than Dede.

In addition to the apparent disregard of the game nowadays by JGG, main concerns about its future are related to the poor demo-mode, as we have gone through many many times with no effect. That is one reason why I'm so keenly waiting for the ts.com to become true.

maianpata

PostTue Oct 23, 2007 8:15 pm

Although I'm not familiar with the game commercial problems. my opinion is that Turbo Sliders is one of the most successful 2D game ever released. There are tens of other similar games out there but none of them has that kind of active community (beside MRO) but I'm that kind of person who has never bought,and probably will not buy in future,official game, because I'll always get bored after several days,most of week, delete the game and download next one from the emule. Still, Turbo Sliders has been on of the best 2D/game I have ever played. Salute to the game makers and to the fans who have stayed with the game all along.
Previous

Return to Suggestions