It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:30 pm

invent Racing [iR] team

Advertise websites, games, projects, etc. HERE.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

iBlaze²

Community User Level: 3

invent Racing [iR] team

PostFri Oct 31, 2008 1:41 pm

invent Racing [iR] Team Profile!

Complete Member List (including past or inactive members)
iBlaze²
Nerd [Uk]
Etmil
lux
Burn
Scud
iceman
Lexx
Jurgen-NL
kapa112
kikiriki

Protocols and Philosophies
  • invent Racing [iR] has no set team colours. Members are free to choose their own livery.
  • There are no in-game skill requirements from team members. We understand that different people are better in different cars or at different game modes and we will not drop members for 'underperforming'. At the end of the day, it is only a game.
  • Any kind of 'team play' during fun cups such as Full Contact or XBumpz is completely optional. Members of invent Racing [iR] can pwn each other as much as they wish (but they better expect to be pwned back of course!). Similarly, team members can also work together to pwn other rivals as much as they like. Nothing is enforced, as long as you respect the rules of the game.
  • We do not expect our members to constantly be active in-game or forums. We understand that sometimes you just don't have the time to play. We also understand that many players take occasional breaks from playing. This is completely normal.
  • Once you have been accepted into invent Racing [iR], you earn a place on our member list for life. This means you are welcome to re-join the team at any time (unless in the case of dismissal).
  • The only expectation of our members is that they love playing Turbo Sliders!

This is not to say that we will happily accept anybody into our team. We expect our members to play in a mature and respectful manner. This means playing fair in fairplay races without pushing, blocking or driving backwards around the circuit. It means respecting the rules of whatever mode they are playing. It also means being respectful towards other players when chatting in between races. Members of the Turbo Sliders community know what is and what isn't acceptable when playing in a server and we expect members of our team to apply these basic protocols.

We reserve the right to dismiss any member of invent Racing [iR] who is found to bring the team into disrepute within the Turbo Sliders community. Remember, if you are not mature enough to resolve situations like an adult, then you are not mature enough for invent Racing [iR]. As mentioned above, we are the friendly team of Turbo Sliders!

Original 2008 Post

Hello all. There's been a few changes going on recently.

Kova has decided to step-down from his role as team-leader of [YeLo] and I have taken over the leading role.

We have also recruited a new member to our team. Etmil will now join me and Kova.

So, as it is Etmil's birthday today and Halloween as well, I think it is an appropriate occasion for us to announce the launch of the new team today :D

Team [YeLo] will now become Invent Racing. Look out for the [iR] tags in the game.

I am currently in the process of creating an official team website and this will be launched shortly hopefully. This will give you all a whole lot more information about the new team. I will post the link both here and in the links section once the website is finished.

Finally, i would just like to say Happy Birthday to Etmil and Happy Halloween to the rest of the TS community... have fun! :D
Last edited by iBlaze² on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:01 am, edited 20 times in total.

iBlaze²

PostSun Nov 02, 2008 2:58 pm

The Invent Racing official team website is COMPLETE! :D

You can access it by clicking here or by clicking the link in my footer.

I will also post a link in the links section on here.

Please take time to have a look at it.

Thanks.

Ivan Drago

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Nov 02, 2008 6:30 pm

Official team website at www.inventracing.tk

I don't know if u especially love that .tk domain but shouldn't u be able to get invent.turbosliders.com or is that a plus-only privilege? Mmmmm.. dp.turbosliders.com... bhuabhuabhuhbua

iBlaze²

PostSun Nov 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Ivan Drago wrote:shouldn't u be able to get invent.turbosliders.com

hmmm, i prefer inventracing.tk... easier to remember :lol:

iBlaze²

PostSun Nov 09, 2008 10:35 pm

Hey all. I think I'm gonna use this thread now to keep everyone informed when I update our team website. Saves both this thread and our website from turning into dust-collectors lol.

So, I've now updated our website with the IHLC #10 results. I'll be posting my thoughts on the cup tomorrow hopefully :)

dede

Community User Level: 5

PostSun Nov 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Good website, keep it up!

iBlaze²

PostMon Nov 10, 2008 9:24 pm

Thanks dede :D

I've added a new blog today... 'iBlaze² on the IHLC #10'.

I hope to make this a regular feature, discussing my viewpoint on various topics/competitions.

Let me know what you all think :D

olio

PostSat Nov 15, 2008 7:38 pm

As dede pointed out on a side phrase on your site, comparing times directly doesn't work that well, beause tracks have different length etc. The way I used to compare my times was difference/10 seconds. That's quite useful and easy way imo.

Anyway, it's always nice to read articles. Keep up the good work!

Anddru

PostSun Nov 16, 2008 10:46 am

iBlaze² wrote:
Ivan Drago wrote:shouldn't u be able to get invent.turbosliders.com

hmmm, i prefer inventracing.tk... easier to remember :lol:
But you also get those damn adds :E Go for invent.turbosliders.com ! :)

EDIT: Good job with the blog btw. :)
In my new website you can find my tracks and cars!
http://druerne.org/ts

Hope you will enjoy!

iBlaze²

PostMon Nov 17, 2008 7:35 pm

Anddru wrote:But you also get those damn adds :E Go for invent.turbosliders.com !

They don't bother me, I have an Ad-Blocker add-on installed for Firefox lol :wink:

Thank you for your nice comments about the website and my blog everybody :)

I've added the IRT #14 results report and will be following that up with a blog later (probably after the TRC #4).

I'll do the TRC #4 results and blog tomorrow :)

So, watch this space :lol:

iBlaze²

PostTue Nov 18, 2008 3:47 pm

My latest blog, iBlaze² on the IRT #14, is now on the website! :D

It's a bit of a beast, so I hope the length doesn't put you off reading it :lol:

Janne

PostTue Nov 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Janne is the third person I must congratulate for his great run of podiums. In actual fact, if it wasn't for his moment of disconnection in the AntiSlider race, these three would have swept up all the podiums of the tournament!

Not for sure though. I lost bit over 5 seconds in that disconnection so it would have been tight fight against olio. He also got disconnection in EasySlider race and without that he would have had good changes to get into top 3.

dede

PostTue Nov 18, 2008 7:04 pm

Link on main page to IRT post isn't working properly (wrong article linked).

iBlaze²

PostTue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 pm

dede wrote:Link on main page to IRT post isn't working properly (wrong article linked).

I've sorted it out now. Thanks dede.

I must've messed that up earlier when I added the link to the new blog because it was working ok last night lol.

dede

PostTue Nov 18, 2008 9:41 pm

iBlaze² wrote:I must've messed that up earlier when I added the link to the new blog because it was working ok last night lol.

Nope, it wasn't working from the beginning. Probably you just forgot to update the link ;)

Rendy Andrian

PostFri Nov 21, 2008 2:53 pm

hope invent racing is the successful team on TS!
RACING SINCE 2007
OFFICIAL SITE - BLOG - TWITTER

iBlaze²

PostMon Dec 01, 2008 4:47 pm

Rendy Andrian wrote:hope invent racing is the successful team on TS!

Thanks! I hope so as well :)

Just to let you all know, I've updated the website with the TNC #1 results. I will add the DIT results and possibly a new blog tomorrow because I'm far too pissed off to do so right now, as I've spent all afternoon typing up the DIT results not once but TWICE only for the session to timeout both times resulting in me losing everything I had done... which is bloody annoying!!! :evil:

So anyway, I'll give it another go tomorrow maybe.

iBlaze²

PostTue Dec 02, 2008 4:07 pm

iBlaze² wrote:I've spent all afternoon typing up the DIT results not once but TWICE only for the session to timeout both times resulting in me losing everything I had done... which is bloody annoying!!! :evil:

So anyway, I'll give it another go tomorrow maybe.

Well I just logged in ready to type it all up again and, as if by magic, there it was, already there! Don't know why it didn't save yesterday and gave me the timeout message instead... but I don't really care, as long as it's saved then it's all good :lol:

Oh, I apologise for my swearing in the post above. I was quite annoyed at the time :roll:

Anyway, DIT report is up. Blog will follow sometime soon. Watch this space.

iBlaze²

PostWed Dec 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Hello all :)

Just to let you all know, I've made a few changes to the iR website, which I think are quite cool so you should have a look :wink:

I've written up a new blog, 'iBlaze² on Nov 08's DIT'. It's another quite lengthy one so I hope there are people who like reading!

I've also revamped the home page slightly, adding a clock and filling the dead space with some fish that follow your cursor around (which is surprisingly amusing actually) :lol:

There's also a link there now to the older, archived News & Blogs updates.

On top of this, I've added a little flash game on the website called Rural Racer. I don't know how many of you have played this before, but it's quite similar to TS, just a little 3-level flash version.

And finally, there's now a feedback section on the website where you can rate the site and leave any comments for us :)

Hope you like it.

Hengari

PostWed Dec 03, 2008 5:04 pm

iBlaze² wrote:I've written up a new blog, 'iBlaze² on Nov 08's DIT'.

You write a blog entry not a new blog.

iBlaze² wrote:I've also revamped the home page slightly, adding a clock and filling the dead space with some fish that follow your cursor around

You may think that adding flash elements to web pages is great but your wrong. Especially when they really have no additional value to the site.

Just my typical harsh comments of the issue as Z would say. Although it's nice to see someone writing about things in TS.
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint

iBlaze²

PostWed Dec 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Hengari wrote:You may think that adding flash elements to web pages is great but your wrong. Especially when they really have no additional value to the site.

They do have additional value. They fill unsightly dead space, therefore making the page more aesthetically pleasing :wink:

But thank you for the feedback anyway :)

Hengari

PostThu Dec 04, 2008 8:21 pm

iBlaze² wrote:therefore making the page more aesthetically pleasing :wink:

You must be kidding...
oldschool slider <3 | Hengari @ Quakenet/IRCnet
sliderpoint

iBlaze²

PostSat Dec 13, 2008 8:00 pm

We have an announcement to make at Invent Racing! :D

Head over to the iR website for the latest news regarding the team. I've just posted a new blog entry to keep you all informed :wink:

iBlaze²

PostMon Dec 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Ok, I've just finished typing up the cup reports for the GPOR Open Season 1 (24/7) and the IHLC #11. Both are now online at the iR website.

There'll probably be a new 'iBlaze² on...' blog sometime soon, but not today. I'll let you know when that's up.

Also, after a recent discussion with lux, I feel that there's a bit of a story to tell about the old FTR days. That might make interesting reading on a completely new section of the site though. Still toying with the idea right now, but we might have a 'History' section before Christmas :)

iBlaze²

PostSun Dec 28, 2008 3:53 pm

Hey all. I've made a few little changes to the iR website today.

There's a new 'Achievements' section which will list all of our teams achievements in Turbo Sliders.

The 'Feedback' section has been scrapped as it wasn't getting used at all (what is the point when people can leave their comments on this thread?)

Also, all old blog entries have now been transferred across to the new 'News & Blogs' section. The new version is so much better than before.

I'm curently debating the usefullness of the 'History' section that I mentioned before Christmas. If I decide to go ahead with this then I'll add it at a later date.

As far as my hiatus is concerned, now Christmas is over, I may be able to make a bit of a comeback soon. Updating the website today was the first priority though.

Anyway, I hope everybody had a good Christmas and I hope you like the changes to the iR website.
Next

Return to Ad Rack