It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:13 pm

Punaball Champions League - Sign Ups!

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Tijny

Community User Level: 5

Re: Punaball Champions League - Sign Ups!

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 11:23 am

kapa112 wrote:Shite, it's my first appearance on this forum since I don't even remember when, and I read there's such an amazing thing going on. I'd love to take part in it, yet I must be in so unimaginably shite form that I don't see a point. Still, if anybody wanted to team up with an old man, I'm here to reconsider my decision. :)

wtf crapix!!!! Can I still ditch Badeend?

Fama

Community User Level: 2

Community User Level: 2

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 11:34 am

O-M-G what a blast! Breaking news: Current transfer rumours targetting polish star Kapa to join Arsenal within 1 day to close the transfer window.
All the market movements to be followed here!

shyguy1001

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 12:06 pm

kapa112 wrote:Shite, it's my first appearance on this forum since I don't even remember when, and I read there's such an amazing thing going on. I'd love to take part in it, yet I must be in so unimaginably shite form that I don't see a point. Still, if anybody wanted to team up with an old man, I'm here to reconsider my decision. :)

Please, do sign up, all skill levels are welcome!

Xzeal, now you are sober, do you still think the same things? I've never heard of fatty but others in the puna servers have, so welcome to the cup! If Xzeal wants Celtic I hope Fatty isnt a Legia Warsaw fan ;)

Little timetable for how things will progress in the next week:

Today: Keep finishing signups
Tomorow Morning: I will post a topic called something like TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY/DRAW, with all the teams simplified at the top and those still available and having to team up. I'll then attempt to get in contact with everyone who isnt yet in a team and warn them its their final day to do so (extensions will only be offered if you assure me you will find a team mate before the first game). I'll also edit the first post of this topic to include the latest transfer dealings ;)
Tomorow midnight (BST): The draw will be held. The 4 best teams according to analysis from a few Puna "experts" (:D) will be kept apart in the group stages, and to make it clear the winners of each group will be kept apart in first round knockout, so theres quite a possibility these teams wont meet till the semi finals. I'll make a quick graphic of the first games, then post it on here. I'll then post a topic called something like GAMEWEEK 1 with a link to a doodle topic allowing you to show your availability for the first gameweek (15th-21st September). You'll be expected to fill that out within a few days, try to get it filled out before Friday 12th September
Sometime next week: I'll release the test cup videos with full graphics/commentary etc to get you really excited for the start of the cup! Also, I'll be finalising all kits and other details needed in the first days of next week (so stop asking REI!)
12th September: I'll post the times of the games for Gameweek 1, it will also include reserve times in case you suddenly find you can't make the first time, if you plan to use the reserve time you must notify me and all those attending the game (the opposition 2 players and your team mate)
15th September: The gameweek begins! Also, at this point I'll post the Gameweek 2 topic and corresponding doodle post!

So, hopefully, there should be this sort of pattern emerging throughout the cup

MONDAY: Gameweek begins, and doodle post up for the next gameweek
FRIDAY: Deadline for filling out doodle post for next gameweek, game times for next gameweek posted
SUNDAY: Gameweek ends, full results posted here.

Videos will be released throughout the week obviously depending on when games are scheduled - the earlier in the week they are scheduled, the quicker I can release the videos! Every game will be shown in a weekly highlights roundup which I am to get released no later than Tuesday/Wednesday of the following week. Big games/important games/great games/semi finals/final will be shown in a "full match" format as well as on the highlights, with the style of a live broadcast! I've created demonstration videos for both types from the test cup so all will become clear :)

I hope I answered most questions, if you still have them do ask! If I don't answer right away its only cos im busy :)
Last edited by shyguy1001 on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
www.youtube.com/sliderstv <---- Best Turbosliders Videos ever made ;)

shyguy1001

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Btw Whippe, Oompa has confirmed you will be playing as Bayer Leverkusen, good luck in the draw tomorow, I now consider you two finalized and signed up!

kapa112

Community User Level: 1

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 12:13 pm

In case of such a warm welcome, I couldn't say no. Sign me up then. Tijny, if you wanted me as your 3rd, backup guy, I'll gladly join Arsenal :lol:

shyguy1001

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Now I realise it would of been funnier to say all skill levels are welcome, that's why I'm playing :D If power intends to play, perhaps you could go with him? I dunno he said he didnt have tracks last time, but that's easily fixed ;) I'm sure there would be other offers coming in on Transfer Deadline Day tomorow (I'm only naming it that out of irony, before anyone thinks I'm mad :lol: ) for an experienced player such as yourself.. If not, I'm sure Harry Redknapp will sign you ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-J-U08-6aM

Count the amount of times he says "fantastic footballer" :D

Tijny

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 12:43 pm

kapa112 wrote:In case of such a warm welcome, I couldn't say no. Sign me up then. Tijny, if you wanted me as your 3rd, backup guy, I'll gladly join Arsenal :lol:

Well, I was obviously joking about ditching Badeend, so it wouldn't be more than moral support. Maybe you can still find a mate though - Rub comes to mind. I'm just not sure if he reads this forum.

As it stands now, in my humble opinion I'd say the seeded teams should be Benfica, Real Madrid, Arsenal and Sampdoria. Unless you had some other experts in mind, then you can disregard my opinion.

kapa112

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 1:20 pm

I know you were joking, T, however I was pretty serious about my offer, since there are not many players suitable for me left. Rub is an option, but he never seemed to be reading this forum very often. There's no pressure, I don't have to participate, yet it'd be nice.

Fatty

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm

Sure, can be Celtic Xzeal, but they should not be here :D

xzeal

Community User Level: 3

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 3:51 pm

shyguy1001 wrote:
Xzeal, now you are sober, do you still think the same things? I've never heard of fatty but others in the puna servers have, so welcome to the cup! If Xzeal wants Celtic I hope Fatty isnt a Legia Warsaw fan ;)

Yes , we are a team. What can I say Stealth disappeared and Fatty seemed to know what he was doing on the pitch.

power79

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 5:47 pm

shyguy1001 wrote: If power intends to play, perhaps you could go with him? I dunno he said he didnt have tracks last time, but that's easily fixed ;)

I have tracks now, thanks to Tijny. But like I already said, I don't play punaball. I have played maybe two 1 vs 1 practice games ever and I barely was able to even hit the ball. Too bad there is no AI opponent in game that you could practice offline. Maybe someday I try to create bots for punaball too, hehe. For now I settle for perhaps watching some games.

Btw as I read Reirom was worried about balanced teams, have anyone tried to balance games so that other goal is smaller/bigger than other? I think that would work as some kind of handicap if that is ever wanted for some reason. Of course for two half games another puna track would be needed for second half.

Rub1

PostSun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 pm

I was just waiting for you, Kaps :lol:

shyguy1001

PostMon Sep 08, 2014 10:13 am

Ok guys, I updated the first post. Rub, Kapa, will you team together, and what team will it be? :) Check my TRANFSFER DEADLINE DAY topic I'm making in a few minutes for a more simplistic view of the teams, and whos still available if you still wanna sign up! This is your final day you can do it before the draw for the group stages!!!

shyguy1001

PostMon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Guys, I wish to confirm that the top 4 seeded teams will be - Real Madrid, Benfica, Arsenal and Sampdoria. There are many teams that will compete for the win of this cup, and I fully expect at least one of these teams to have an upset and not make the semi final - in future editions, we will have a seeding mechanism in place from the previous cup results. However for now, this more subjective method had to be used - don't take it as an insult if I didn't seed you top 4, take it as motivation to get into the top 4 in the next edition by doing great this time round!

Also, I'd like to announce something else - about the calendar. It's looking very much like we will have 4 groups of 3, with perhaps one group of 4 if we get another team today. That means each group will have 6 games to play, each team will have 4 games. I'd propose, to get the group stages done in 1 month, that we operate with some flexibility. The fixtures will not be decided by me pre-cup, but instead by doodle availability. As already explained, the doodle topic will go up on the monday, and by Friday everyone must complete their part, and then I'll post the games for the next week, along with reserve times in case you need to change. 2 weeks out of the 4, you should have two games! It's either that, or do it over 6 weeks, but then 2 weeks out of the 6, you don't play at all. Some feedback about what you guys would prefer would be good, asap so I know how to approach this tonight :)

Rub1

PostMon Sep 08, 2014 5:43 pm

OFC Im in! So Kaps, F.C. Barcelona sound nice !
Previous

Return to Competitions