It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:59 am

Full Contact Championship (FCC) #3

Talk it up about competitions, cups, races, and tournaments.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

• Author

Whiplash

Community User Level: 5

Re: Full Contact Championship (FCC) #3

PostThu Sep 29, 2016 9:10 am

Mike Nike wrote:"you may hurt your own total racetime as long as it is beneficial for your race or cup or overallcup position, except in the cases: bw-driving*, etc" (*bw-driving would then be explained)

Well, that's even less clear. What's "beneficial"? By that logic you consider Sig's move allowed then - he was, for sure, expecting to get some advantage from it.
But, you should actually consider one more thing there - It was also partly your fault to be smacked like that. That's why I don't see Sig's move that drastically wrong. The rule: "It's allowed to focus on any player as long as it's done by an attacking approach" - gives more freedom and it's more clear (and that fits to FC rules package).

Mike Nike wrote:Another weird thing that happened and i did not know was possible:
https://youtu.be/z4SByzeCTtA

That's an old trick and can be done on various tracks. I never threated it as a bug. I guess a car is recognized as jumped down for a moment and then it collides with a trapped car's pat. We consider that as allowed sneaky move. :wink:

Mike Nike

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 7:21 am

Whiplash wrote:Well, that's even less clear. What's "beneficial"? By that logic you consider Sig's move allowed then - he was, for sure, expecting to get some advantage from it.

The rule: "It's allowed to focus on any player as long as it's done by an attacking approach" - gives more freedom and it's more clear (and that fits to FC rules package).

So many ways to respond to this..
But in order to be constructive i'll just go ahead and say: let's have all rules written or linked in post 1 of a tournament thread next time.
We could explain rules step by step, using a) a link to a video, b) declaring the name of the "move" seen in the video (i.e. the "start block", "block", "trapblock before/after trap", "bw push to trap"..) and c) tell if that move is allowed or not and if not, what happens as punishment if done anyways.

Will

Community User Level: 1

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 9:34 am

For me there are only two rules, and the less the better.
1-Don't Bw
2-Don't wait a lap to mess up someone

Both are relatively easy to understand although they also have some loopholes but generally not difficult to judge.
The maneuver done by Sig, and others, is in a grey area and clearly we have two types of players, the ones who are willing to do it and the others who don't because they think it's too much. This gives an advantage to the first group and for that we should agree if it is allowed or not.
Although I don't like the maneuver I have no problem accepting it, if it's deemed legal. I have to adapt to the rules, not the other way around. What we need is a clarification.
For me, the maneuver would be perfectly fine if the attacking player went for a second strike but only if the attacked one was still on the road, and before someone asks, for me the definition of road is the part of the track where the car doesn't lose speed.

max tre

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 12:51 pm

Will wrote:For me there are only two rules, and the less the better.
1-Don't Bw
2-Don't wait a lap to mess up someone

I was said the now-miniature text was hardly understandable. Here it is, then.
Maybe we can try to keep the rulebook very easy just asking people to use their brain. If Sig's move was not a clear ban-foul and, I'll take him at his words, it happened only once (no focussing on a single player just to destroy his cup, I mean), then it's not the end of the world. But take it with a grain of salt and avoid multiple "grey area" fouls.
Start&bridge-blocking are very minor offences and, to some extent, you might even call them part of the "full contact" - deal with it and pay attention if you have some Torello in front of you :mrgreen: .

It's FC, dictum sapienti sat est. Theoretically, you might even erase rule 2, since it would surely be a (quasi-)unanimously-agreed obvious unfair play every time - but let it be, it's fine 'cause it's "easy", as you said. And the same goes for things like "road" or "bw" definitions: should you ever need them, common sense will be enough. I'll exaggerate it, but do we really need for an axiomatic system + penal code? That said, "unkind play" != "unfair play". And Sig's move seems to be anything but an unanimously-agreed unfair play, thus it's kinda "ok" in my view - i.e. no foul play. I'll just say: "From now on, play accordingly, if you wish".
Last edited by max tre on Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azev

Community User Level: 2

PostFri Sep 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Mike Nike wrote:

Another weird thing that happened and i did not know was possible:
https://youtu.be/z4SByzeCTtA

In this case Jonno (and Shyguy?) make Mike Nike crash? Or did Mike crash at bridgeside, so he is temporarily in lower height level and collides with Jonno?

Or is that some kinda game bug which needs to be fixed? Anyways, it came pretty surprising :D ...luckily i still won.
I am not sure anymore, but i think Shyguy or so was surprised about the collision as well.

Watch me undertake jaws on that same spot (my car was different back then, but same colors):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvepnIFIT2Y

That's a funny track, everything can happen :lol:

Whiplash

PostSat Oct 01, 2016 5:29 pm

Your boss tomorrow is max tre.

max tre

PostSun Oct 02, 2016 10:21 pm

http://i.imgur.com/msE7oj5.jpg (pic by Lag Lag FCC Papi)

Sadly, there were only 19 of us (well, after Kooler joining we were 21 for a few secs, but two Italian flatmate newcomers left saying something like "too much lag" IIRC), so div1 was played directly.
N.B.: Videos and standings are still not updated, Whiplash will do it ASAP.

Whiplash

PostMon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 am

OK, big thanks go to max tre. You made a good decision to run Div1 directly. Videos are uploaded and standings are updated (top 2 results are counted because standings are more relevant like that). Congratulations to Hev!
Lets make bigger crowd next Sunday!

Whiplash

PostSun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 am

In case that master server doesn't recover until we need to start the new event tonight, here are IPs for the servers:

LVP #2 - FULL CONTACT (IP: 82.192.76.193:6656) - join this server at the beginning.
LVP #3 - PUNABALL (IP: 82.192.76.193:6657)

You probably already have these servers listed in your "Recent" list. If not, you can simply copy them from here and paste to the game (shift+backspace clears the existing IP; ctrl+v pastes new IP).

Whiplash

PostSun Oct 09, 2016 10:24 pm

Videos are uploaded and standings are updated. Top 3 results are counted.

P.S.
I wonder what Sig's plan in the last race was. I would feel bad if he let me win instead of to f*** me up.

Whiplash

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 11:08 pm

It's all updated again. I uploaded Div 1 videos only because I decided to pretend that no other cups were played. The experiment of setting up less players in Div 1 failed.
Congratulations to Oompa and to the new leader kikiriki. The last event will be interesting.

kikiriki

PostSun Oct 16, 2016 11:18 pm

Thanks, but that's impossible, I've only played 3 races so far :D

Whiplash

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 12:00 am

kikiriki wrote:Thanks, but that's impossible, I've only played 3 races so far :D

Oh, damn! Which 2 of these 5 you missed?

kikiriki

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 3:03 pm

I didn't play the 2nd and 4th race.

Whiplash

PostMon Oct 17, 2016 4:02 pm

kikiriki wrote:I didn't play the 2nd and 4th race.

OK, fixed. Respect for the fairplay! :wink: It would've be fun if you didn't report this until the end of the competition. :)

Whiplash

PostSun Oct 23, 2016 10:53 pm

OK, guys, the competition is finally over. Hevonen is the new FCC winner! Congratulations!
Considering the masterserver problems, we should be satisfied with the participation. Still, special thanks go to:
[fS]Hevonen
\/\/||_|_
Silva
Azev
Carlos Sainz Jr
Kid Masters
Lag Lag Lag Papi
max tre

(for joining all the 6 events!)

Stats and videos are updated/uploaded.

Oompa

PostWed Jul 25, 2018 10:02 am

Mike Nike wrote:
Whiplash wrote:Well, that's even less clear. What's "beneficial"? By that logic you consider Sig's move allowed then - he was, for sure, expecting to get some advantage from it.

The rule: "It's allowed to focus on any player as long as it's done by an attacking approach" - gives more freedom and it's more clear (and that fits to FC rules package).

So many ways to respond to this..
But in order to be constructive i'll just go ahead and say: let's have all rules written or linked in post 1 of a tournament thread next time.
We could explain rules step by step, using a) a link to a video, b) declaring the name of the "move" seen in the video (i.e. the "start block", "block", "trapblock before/after trap", "bw push to trap"..) and c) tell if that move is allowed or not and if not, what happens as punishment if done anyways.

That move was a destroying move, but something Sig does to his most feared. A thing of pride maybe.

max tre

PostWed Oct 10, 2018 6:07 pm

max tre wrote:Yeah, let's annoy both of the bosses together until someone gives up.

We want FCC#4, Tijny!

We want FCC#4, Whippe!

Up.
Also, thanks Whippe for supporting it 3 years ago already.

Tijny

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 10:24 am

max tre wrote:
max tre wrote:Yeah, let's annoy both of the bosses together until someone gives up.

We want FCC#4, Tijny!

We want FCC#4, Whippe!

Up.
Also, thanks Whippe for supporting it 3 years ago already.

If anyone can prove to me that there will be more than 20 players, I will take care of it.
Previous

Return to Competitions